Bluray with Home Cinema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi fellow members!

Is there any blueray player with home cinema system? If yes, then can you please recommend any?

This system will go with Samsung UE46B8000 Tv and my budget is £1000. Having said that, am I better of buying all in one system i.e. blueray with homecinema OR shall I buy amplifier, speakers and blueray in separate. Please, I really need your advice as am totally naive in this matter.

A

Anonymous

A separates system, whether hi-fi or home cinema, will always be far superior to an 'all-in-one' solution.

For your budget, you could easily get a Panasonic DB60 for about £200.00, a wide range of amps for about £400.00 and the Q Acoustics Speaker package for about £400+.

Prices for these items differ here and there so just look out for the best deals. You may even be able to factor in the cost of hdmi cables and speaker cables if you're smart.

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:
A separates system, whether hi-fi or home cinema, will always be far superior to an 'all-in-one' solution.

For your budget, you could easily get a Panasonic DB60 for about £200.00, a wide range of amps for about £400.00 and the Q Acoustics Speaker package for about £400+.

Prices for these items differ here and there so just look out for the best deals. You may even be able to factor in the cost of hdmi cables and speaker cables if you're smart.

I would personally go for a BD35 (same picture processing technology as the BD60) for about £140.00, an Onkyo 605 amp (refurbished) for about £260.00 - this is a far better amp than the current crop of £400' ish amps, and you will definitely have enough to cover cables. The Q Acoustics package suggested is great too, btw. If you want an even cheaper option, the JAMO A102 HCS5's are available for about £200.00. So, about £400.00 spare change!!

A

Anonymous

ValianTX and EvilWolf, many-many thanks for your advice. I am
looking at your suggestions. However what about having PS3 instead of
BD35/BD60?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The PS3 is great as long as you're going to use its other abilities. If you want to play games, or set up some kind of audio / video streaming device (or use one of the other of the PS3's many features) as well as play Blu-Rays, the PS3 makes sense.

However, if you just want to play Blu-Rays, you can do better for the money with a standalone player (and I say this as an owner of the PS3).

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Professorhat. I have made an order for PS3.

As Q Acoustics speaker are highly recommended by fellow members, I have decided to buy speakers as follows:
  • Front Speakers : 1050i (£300)
  • Rear Speakers : QA Wall Mount Rear Speakers (£78)
  • Center Speaker : 1000Ci (£88)
  • Subwoofer : QAV as wall mount (£216) OR 1000Si (£180)
Now I have to find a decent Amplifier/Receiver. Can you please suggest any according to my speakers above. Many thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS