Bluetooth/wireless speaker advice

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I have come to dead end with search of Bluetooth speaker. The biggest problem is that I cannot compare/listen to them in my country (shops do not keep such things in stock). So I ask you for advice for good/natural sounding Bluetooth speaker (budged ~150 GBP, ~210 EUR).

Due to reviews I like these: - Cambridge Audio go (V2), - DENON ENVAYA DSB200, - Bose SoundLink Mini, - Ultimate Ears Boom, - SonySRS-X5, - Ultimate Ears MINI BOOM.

But what to chose to have the best/natural sound?
Thanks in advance!

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Today I had time to visit some shops and listen to Sony SRS-X5, Bose SoundLink Mini, JBL charge 2 and PHILIPS P9XBLK.

Side by side I can compare Sony and Philips in one store and Bose and JBL in another. In first comparison Sony won and in other comparison Bose won. As I remember, sony have realy big and powerful sound...

Can anyone comment on these bluetooth speakers? Does anyone have compared Cambride audio go anyone to those what I listened today?

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I listened to a few of these and ended up with the Bose Soundlink mini because I mainly wanted it for travel. However, it sounds so good that I ended up using it also as main music system in my computer room and around the house. It is very impresive for the size and even compared to bigger ones, it produces a better and fuller sound. It is also one of the smallest and easiest to carry over. I have owned it for 3 months now I am still impress how such small speaker can produce such big sound. You can find over 1.000 reviews in Amazon.co.uk because it is the #1 sold.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
I was in a shopping center and there were many bluethooth speakers. Amongst the ones that were connected, I picked up a few around same price range but I do not remember the names. I know for sure that the Cambridge audio was not available because I was also interested in that one.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the original Cambridge Audio Minx Go and I am very impressed with it - great sound from a fairly compact speaker and the build quality is good. The battery lasts for ages as well, which was important when I bought it.

Unfortunately I cannot compare it to the others that you mention as I haven't listened to them.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I've owned the bose Soundlink mini, UE Boom and Demon Envaya mini.

The bose is the most impressive as it produces a huge amount of bass for it's size, but the quality of the bass could be better. Once turned up over a certain volume level it reduces bass output though. But at low to moderate level the bass will go down to 60hz. Sounds best in free space.

The UE Boom has no bass below 90hz. I found this annoying as it literally cuts off bass notes rater than having a gradual reduction in level of the bass as it goes deeper. it has decent clarity in the mids though and can at loud. It sounds good at full volume where it has some force behind the sound, but still no deep bass. Sounds best in a corner or on a window ledge.

The Denon Envaya mini has the most balanced and neutral sound. It plays deep bass like the Bose but the bass isn't LOUD like the bose, it's balanced like the rest of the frequency range. It has a good fast quality to it like a proper Hifi speaker, but does benefit from being placed near a wall to reinforce bass. Stereo desperation is great for a speaker like this due to clever dsp.

battety life is best in the UE Boom.

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Can I believe to these videos? https://www.youtube.com/user/clavinetjunkie/videos Is it possible to make correct sound record for such tests?

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
No! - I have the sony srs x5 - Bought in a sale for 100£. Good sound for a speaker of its size decent bass and clarity - good connectivity.

tonky

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Regisss said:
Can I believe to these videos? https://www.youtube.com/user/clavinetjunkie/videos Is it possible to make correct sound record for such tests?

only you can be the judge as sound is a personal preference, but those are the best tests and comparisons in the Internet. He uses a very high quality microphone setup for recording and gives a good honest opinion which ties in with what I have heard in the speakers i have owned.

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
OK, thank you very much for your opinions. Today I will try to listen to Bose soundlink mini, JBL sharge 2 and Sony srs x5. And then decide what to buy. It is a great pity that I have no possibilities to listen to Cambridge audio Go V2, Infinity One, and both Denons…

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
JBL charge 2 *good*

Just this little distortion... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rcb35uyY2c&feature=iv&src_vid=jlIuE5q8Fss&annotation_id=annotation_3230253391

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts