Best wireless portable speaker?

AndrewMoore

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. First off, apologies if this is in the wrong section, but it seemed the most fitting.

I'm after a bluetooth speaker for taking around with me that costs less than £150. So far it seems there are three options, the Cambridge Audio Go, Bose SoundLink Mini and the UE Boom.

Going by the reviews on here I should get the CA Go as it is in the Best Buys and 2014 Awards sections however many other review sites say that the sound distorts at moderate-high volume in songs with deep bass. As I listed to a fair amount of deep house and electronic music this could be an issue.

What do you guys recommend?

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Cambridge Audio Minx Go and have been very happy with it.
Great sound for the size - I listen to some bass heavy music (not at ear splitting levels) and it copes well.
It has recently been superceded by an updated version which is just as highly reviewed.

AndrewMoore

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Reviews can often be confusing because they call the old version the Go, some reviews call the new version the Minx go etc and don't specify which version it is.

I just want to make sure the bass distortion definitely won't be an issue.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
AndrewMoore said:
Thanks. Reviews can often be confusing because they call the old version the Go, some reviews call the new version the Minx go etc and don't specify which version it is.

I just want to make sure the bass distortion definitely won't be an issue.

If you can I suggest that you listen to the newer Minx Go at your local Richer Sounds, take some of your favourite songs on your smartphone and see if it works for you.

Mine was bought as a present but I am happy with the sound (my music tastes mainly include rock, metal, indie, dance).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts