Bluetooth streaming

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

I have flac files stored on my Sony experia z3.

I'm about to buy a jag xe with the meridian audio..380w.

The system does not have a cd,...connectivity is via USB..upto 320kbs or Bluetooth streaming.

Can someone enlighten me to whether my flac folders can be used.. Or if there is any other way of listening to lossless music,other than a subscription ie tidal?

Many thanks

Graham

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The system will play FLAC files stored on your phone via USB or Bluetooth, but not in lossless quality. The best option would be to connect the phone to the in-car system using the headphone out socket on your phone - does the Meridian system have a standard 3.5mm input as well?

I've also emailed my contacts at Meridian to see if they can help.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I contacted meridian yesterday and as they don't supply the head unit he couldn't offer any more info.
the headphone jack may be viable,but all I know is that the phone can play hi res although I guess it's down to the receivers caperbility.

Thanks Andy,hopefully your contacts can shed more light.

Graham

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes....R-sport 180 diesel which is the spec I'll be going for.fantastic ride,very responsive and the zf auto is faultless.. Although I will be looking at the manual option.

The feel of the car is pure sports quality..but no cd player... Apparently it's all to do with appealing to the younger generation... F#####g kids lol

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bump this but....

As I understand it the audio playback from flac will be at best 320kbps.

Looking at dbpoweramp I can have 2 ch stereo at 1411kbps with WMA(9.2)lossless

Which would be preferable?
Maybe I'll use a USB stick.
Ps;I am not collecting the car until October,and I'm having the auto.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts