BlueTooth Streaming

amarchant

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an Arcam rBlink Bluetooth streamer for general listening and it connects to a Meitner MA-1 DAC for analog conversion with a relatively high quality coax cable. Sound is indistinguishable from CDs although not as good as higher res music. I have two problems with the rBlink - one is the design with ports and antenna on both back and front of the unit making it look quite untidy and messy, two is the connectivity to MacBook Pro which often drops the connection from just 5 metres away. Does anyone have experience of the Mass Fidelity Relay bluetooth device that not only looks a lot better than this badly designed rBlink but also promises better connectivity at bigger distances with less drops?

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
amarchant said:
I have an Arcam rBlink Bluetooth streamer for general listening and it connects to a Meitner MA-1 DAC for analog conversion with a relatively high quality coax cable. Sound is indistinguishable from CDs although not as good as higher res music. I have two problems with the rBlink - one is the design with ports and antenna on both back and front of the unit making it look quite untidy and messy, two is the connectivity to MacBook Pro which often drops the connection from just 5 metres away. Does anyone have experience of the Mass Fidelity Relay bluetooth device that not only looks a lot better than this badly designed rBlink but also promises better connectivity at bigger distances with less drops?

QED Uplay Puck is just as good sound - wise as the Arcam (which I used to have) but beats it on connectivity easily. Similar design though although I hide mine behind my tv.... It's a lot cheaper too.

John M

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a Yamaha RN500 network player to which I initially had a wireless adaptor fitted that continually dropped out streaming radio and Airplay but it does not have bluetooth.

I bought a pair of Netgear Powerline adaptors (around £20 @ Currys) that plug into the mains from which an ethernet cable goes into the unit......no more drop outs *biggrin*

I suspect that if you buy a unit that has an ethernet cable connection such as the Puck and used with the the Powerline adaptors or similar, it may well solve your problem.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I used a Pro-Ject Bluetooth Box S up until recently when it was replaced with a Raumfeld Connector.
Can't fault it I must admit, connected to my Phone, Tablet and iPad with no issues. Had analogue RCA and Digital Coax and TOSLink out.
Just sold it earlier in the week to a friend for £45 - Doh !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts