Bluetooth streaming using apt-x

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried Bluetooth streaming of their audio? How do you find it? From my own experiences with both a Chordette Gem and QED uPlay puck, I found the sound quality of the Gem more than acceptable throught my system although you can hear some compression artefacts, and it's not as good as the Gem's cable USB input. I mostly play FLAC files via Foobar2000 on a PC with Creative apt-x dongle, and MP3 (VBR V2) from a Creative Ziio tablet for occasional listening. However I found that the QED was terrible in comparison. The range was not as good as the Gem, pairing/connecting was much slower, there was notieable latency, and mine also began to break up at high frequencies - the standard Windows speaker tone test sounded like a bowl of rice crispies through the QED, so much that I took it back. Could it have been that the unit was faulty?? I quite like the idea of Bluetooth audio because it's a cinch to set up (lnone of the networking hassles than wifi), and I can play from any number of devices including mobile phones. When playing normal A2DP Bluetooth, as opposed to using the apt-x codec, there is a drop in quality, but it's still OK for casual use.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the new bose soundlink that uses bluetooth but not the x codec which meant to be better, and it's pretty good better than i thought it was going to be. Though its all down to what you expect

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the new bose soundlink that uses bluetooth but not the x codec which meant to be better, and it's pretty good better than i thought it was going to be. Though its all down to what you expect

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts