Peachtree Nova 65SE and BT 1 APT-X Receiver

swasi

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Since davedotco mentioned it I had a look at the Peachtree Novas and found the new Peachtree Nova 65SE may be good to pair with the KEF ls50.

On Peachtree's website they speak about an Optional BT1 APT-X Bluetooth receiver enabling the amp for streaming. Does anyone of you have further info about this particular device? I sent an email to Peachtree but looks like customer service is not very responsive.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
swasi said:
Since davedotco mentioned it I had a look at the Peachtree Novas and found the new Peachtree Nova 65SE may be good to pair with the KEF ls50.

On Peachtree's website they speak about an Optional BT1 APT-X Bluetooth receiver enabling the amp for streaming. Does anyone of you have further info about this particular device? I sent an email to Peachtree but looks like customer service is not very responsive.

Nothing obvious on either the UK or US website.

That said a third party device should work fine.

This, maybe.

swasi

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
http://www.peachtreeaudio.com/nova65se-amplifier-with-dac.html

"Optional BT1 APT-X Bluetooth Music Receiver

The new Peachtree Audio BT1 Bluetooth Music Receiver is the easiest way to bridge your phone or tablet to your Peachtree system. Compatible with both iOS and Android devices, you can stream audio from all of your favorite apps like Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, TuneIn Radio and more. The BT1 is designed to work perfectly and easily with your Peachtree Audio SE series integrated amplifier. Coming July 2014."

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
swasi said:
http://www.peachtreeaudio.com/nova65se-amplifier-with-dac.html

"Optional BT1 APT-X Bluetooth Music Receiver

The new Peachtree Audio BT1 Bluetooth Music Receiver is the easiest way to bridge your phone or tablet to your Peachtree system. Compatible with both iOS and Android devices, you can stream audio from all of your favorite apps like Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, TuneIn Radio and more. The BT1 is designed to work perfectly and easily with your Peachtree Audio SE series integrated amplifier. Coming July 2014."

Didn't dig that deep...... :oops:

Clearly not released yet, be interesting to see what it costs.

The creative cost £40 and is reputed to work well.

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
You might want to consider the Belkin HD BT receiver available from Amazon here for about £40.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Bluetooth-Technology-Smartphones-Bluetooth-Enabled/dp/B00DSNWM2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404483654&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+bt+receiver

I have one running into the optical input on my Meridian F80 - it sounds very good; you could run it into the optical digital on the Peachtree. I'm not sure it's APT-X though (the website doesn't appear to say). Not an issue for me given I'm Apple centric. More importantly it sounds good enough anyway.

Edit - I think WHF reviewed it and found it OK, although I think they were using it's internal DAC so the sound quality will be way better using it's digital output

swasi

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Just got feedback from Peachtree's dealer in UK. Apperently they will update the websites within the next 10days. The BT1 is going to be a seperate device though, and it will not support airplay.

Huchiz

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You may check up my thread for YAMAHA YBA-11. http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/yes-the-aptx-of-bluetooth-is-actually-that-good-i-have-just-discovered-that

I don't think Creative receiver has AptX, otherwise it shoud be listed here. http://www.aptx.com/brand/creative-labs

swasi

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
thanks, I will see...I am actually not a big fan of having 2-3 additional boxes with cables and which don’t fit to the rest of the setup. As it currently stands I may go for the NAD d7050 which seems to be the only integrated amp coming with the all my required functionality in one device, unfortunately the NAD lacks power.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
swasi said:
thanks, I will see...I am actually not a big fan of having 2-3 additional boxes with cables and which don’t fit to the rest of the setup. As it currently stands I may go for the NAD d7050 which seems to be the only integrated amp coming with the all my required functionality in one device, unfortunately the NAD lacks power.

Buy the D7050 and match it with a pair of these.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I don´t think the Peachtree 65SE would match well with the LS50 either.There are better options.I tried with my decco2,I didn´t liked it too much( it´s ok) besides it will def.lack some power.If Peachtree then I would aim for the Nova 125 as minimum!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
unsleepable said:
davedotco said:
Buy the D7050 and match it with a pair of these.

Good call. To avoid the amplification in the D 7050, right? :grin:

It doesn't seem to have preamp or fixed-line outputs anyways.

Errr, not sure what you mean.

The D7050 has a pair of sockets labled "Audio Out".

These are dual purpose pre-amp or sub woofer outputs. They will connect directly to a pair of DM5s, or pretty much any active speaker really.

If this solution does not appeal then use the D7050 with a speaker that is more sensitive and easier to drive. There is plenty of choice.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, the D 7050 is specified as 50W at 4 ohms, which means that in the best of cases, if it doubles from 8 to 4 ohms, it is 25W at 8 ohms—which is less than the smaller D 3020. So I think it's a good call to use active speakers instead of relying on its amplifier section. As a digital hub it looks quite alright, though.

You are right about the preamp outputs, I thought it was an all-digital device.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
unsleepable said:
Well, the D 7050 is specified as 50W at 4 ohms, which means that in the best of cases, if it doubles from 8 to 4 ohms, it is 25W at 8 ohms—which is less than the smaller D 3020. So I think it's a good call to use active speakers instead of relying on its amplifier section. As a digital hub it looks quite alright, though.

You are right about the preamp outputs, I thought it was an all-digital device.

I have to say I find the connectivity and functionality spot on. The big thing for me is Spotify Connect, one of very few amp/recievers to have this.

The combination of this, Airplay and a couple of digital inputs suits me down to the ground but it as a dac preamp for active speakers it does seem rather expensive for what you get.

I understand that, as a 'power dac' it does use some pretty innovative technology but an £800 amplifier that does not appear to have the capability to drive real world speakers stikes me as an oddity.

Anyone had hands on......?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Huchiz said:
I don't think Creative receiver has AptX, otherwise it shoud be listed here. http://www.aptx.com/brand/creative-labs

Creative make a variety of apt-x transmitters and speakers (in fact they were one of the first to do so), but not a receiver as far as I know.

Nokia make a Bluethooth apt-x receiver called the MD-310 which you can pick up quite cheaply.

swasi

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Prices for Peachtree 125SE are out and they charge GBP 371.7 or USD 634.5 more vs US. I am definitley not going to buy one. Luckily, there are plenty of alternatives out there.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
swasi said:
Prices for Peachtree 125SE are out and they charge GBP 371.7 or USD 634.5 more vs US. I am definitley not going to buy one. Luckily, there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Generally speaking a product designed and marketed in the US and imported to the UK through the usual channels will cost more in the UK. Shipping costs, import duty and VAT will typically add 30-40% to the retail price.

The 125SE retails at $1500, add say, 35% and you get $2025. In sterling that is about £1200, so the UK retail is £1250, which is realistic.

swasi

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I am aware of this. Just saying that I am not willing to pay +42%. I am not saying that there is no way to justify it. Quick comparision with NAD D7050: only +19.5%.

At the end I am probably just trying to find additional reasons to buy the NAD.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Nad is an 'international' brand, Peachtree more or less US. Also worth remembering, the US price does not include sales tax, which varies from state to state.

Buying US hi-fi has always been expensive, a reasonable rule of thumb used be that you paid in £ what was sold in the US for $.

With the pound quite strong at the moment the markup is about right. Bear in mind that Peachtree is available from a number of dealers in the uk, who of course need a margin, whereas NAD is only available through Sevenoaks, who act as both distributer and retailer.

Different business models but the Decco 65SE should be about the same price as the D7050 when it arrives in the uk.

Somewhat different functionality, but an interesting comparison to be head.

James7

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
One alternative is the new Vena from QUAD. Competitively priced - £600. 45 watts into 8 ohm should prove more than enough for most set-ups, though whether enough for the LS50 I am unsure. Lots of digital inputs including Apt-x bluetooth. The styling may divide but I see it as a nice throw back to Quad's 70s and 80s gear. There's a Peachtree-esque wood wrap too, though at extra cost I think. I have always been impressed with Quad DAC implementation and solid state amplification alike, so would be interested to hear whether anyone has auditioned the Vena.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts