Bluetooth pre-amp / sender

TonyB2

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
I'd like to set up my turntable so that it can work with my existing bluetooth speakers. I've already got a "traditional" setup in another room, and am aware of the limitations of brlutooth, but my wife would like to be able to listen to this new one on her bluetooth speakers.

What would be ideal is a pre-amp that is also a bluetooth sender, but I can't work out if there are any that do that.

Tangent's pre-amp II "does" bluetooth, but it's not clear if that means that it works as a sender, so can directly send the signal to the bluetooth speakers, or if it's a receiver, meaning that after being paired with a power amp and passive speakers is able to choose to receive from a bluetooth source (such as my phone), rather than sending.

Does anyone know which it does, and / or if there's a pre-amp that does what I need?

I know that I can buy a separate pre-amp and bluetiith sender, but it'd be nice if I can buy one device that does both.

Thanks.

Gray

You could do what you want more cheaply by using a separate phono preamp and BT transmitter but, as you want a single device:
The forthcoming (£339) Wiim Ultra streamer would do it - and give you a decent streaming option.
The lower priced Pro, Pro Plus and Mini also have 2-way BT, but would need separate phono preamps into their line inputs.

People have asked why the Ultra, as a streamer, includes a phono preamp.
Well you're precisely the sort of potential customer that explains why.

The Tangent is a BT receiver only.
Built-in 2-way BT is more of rarity.

Last edited:

TonyB2

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
I have a technics SL1200, and a set of Bluetooth speakers.

I’d like to have the turntable play music through the speakers over Bluetooth, without needing any wires between them.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I'd like to set up my turntable so that it can work with my existing bluetooth speakers. I've already got a "traditional" setup in another room, and am aware of the limitations of brlutooth, but my wife would like to be able to listen to this new one on her bluetooth speakers.

What would be ideal is a pre-amp that is also a bluetooth sender, but I can't work out if there are any that do that.

Tangent's pre-amp II "does" bluetooth, but it's not clear if that means that it works as a sender, so can directly send the signal to the bluetooth speakers, or if it's a receiver, meaning that after being paired with a power amp and passive speakers is able to choose to receive from a bluetooth source (such as my phone), rather than sending.

Does anyone know which it does, and / or if there's a pre-amp that does what I need?

I know that I can buy a separate pre-amp and bluetiith sender, but it'd be nice if I can buy one device that does both.

Thanks.
As far as I can see (I'm in a rush) the amp has both a headphone and rear line out meaning a Bluetooth transmitter can be connected from there to send to Bluetooth speakers.

Just Google Bluetooth transmitters

Gray

Bit unclear what your current setup is

As far as I can see (I'm in a rush) the amp has both a headphone and rear line out
OP Tony can correct me if I'm wrong but, by reading his post I think:
He's got a 'traditional setup' in another room.
In another room, he's got (only) a Technics TT that he wants to send Bluetooth from - and he wants phono preamp and BT sender combined.

You may have seen a Tangent amp mentioned Stuart. He doesn't own that (he was just wondering if it transmitted BT).

Am I right Tony?

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
OP Tony can correct me if I'm wrong but, by reading his post I think:
He's got a 'traditional setup' in another room.
In another room, he's got (only) a Technics TT that he wants to send Bluetooth from - and he wants phono preamp and BT sender combined.

You may have seen a Tangent amp mentioned Stuart. He doesn't own that (he was just wondering if it transmitted BT).

Am I right Tony?
Ahhhhh I see.......
Thanks for the heads up grey 👍 I think your right.

I was in a rush and just scanned through eager to help.
However both methods would work with his traditional set up.
He may also have a rec out connection as "Vincent kars " mentioned.

I would imagine the OP has one of these connections for an output to a Bluetooth transmitter.

Reactions: Gray

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
There's a good little bargain with the very well reviewed ifi zen phono which covers both MM/MC record cartridges.
It would then just be a case of hooking a Bluetooth transmitter into that.

I can vouch for ifi zen, they are very well priced and sound very good.
It would just tuck away nicely.

Reactions: Al ears and Gray

Gray

There's a good little bargain with the very well reviewed ifi zen phono which covers both MM/MC record cartridges.
It would then just be a case of hooking a Bluetooth transmitter into that.

I can vouch for ifi zen, they are very well priced and sound very good.
It would just tuck away nicely.

...or the latest version.
More money, but still only £249.....and no less than a 10 out of 10 review for what its worth here:

Amormusic

Mar 12, 2023
Visit site
A SL1200 to Bluetooth speakers via BT. Wow!

That's a great deck and you will be doing it a real disservice with sub optimal sound using BT to transmit to BT speakers.

I know you said you are aware of the limitations. But that's far too good a deck to consider this plan, imo.

You could instead get a different deck with inbuilt BT connectivity and then use the SL1200 properly elsewhere.

Some examples here:

Reactions: nopiano and DougK1

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
A SL1200 to Bluetooth speakers via BT. Wow!

That's a great deck and you will be doing it a real disservice with sub optimal sound using BT to transmit to BT speakers.

I know you said you are aware of the limitations. But that's far too good a deck to consider this plan, imo.

You could instead get a different deck with inbuilt BT connectivity and then use the SL1200 properly elsewhere.

Some examples here:
Well if it keeps it out of the cupboard 😁

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts