Bluetooth Connection to Denon RCD M38

NM1960

Mar 29, 2023
Visit site
Hi

Total tech learner here.

I am just beginning to scratch the surface of listening to music via Spotify and Alexa echo.

Now that is relatively pleasing, but...

What I want to do is listen to the music through a Denon RCD M38 system.

Can this be done? If so is it intuitive what plugs into what?

Finally what device would you recommend? Do I get better quality sound the more I pay.

Hope I am not asking daft questions.

Nigel

Gray

Welcome Nigel.
For Bluetooth have a look at the ifi Zen Blue (or their cheaper 'air' version).

Either would plug into one of your Denon's aux inputs, using a twin RCA cable.

If there is an aux output on your echo device (think it might have a 3.5mm jack socket), you might like to try that into an aux input on the Denon to see how you like the sound.

camcroft

I asked him on another forum is he using apps from his phone as you know it's all to do with the codecs. I play Amazon Unlimited through an echo dot to the Zen Blue into my system but all I get is SBC as Amazon don't support the better codecs and spotify are very similar but the Zen Blue supports most of the best codecs.

Gray

I asked him on another forum is he using apps from his phone as you know it's all to do with the codecs. I play Amazon Unlimited through an echo dot to the Zen Blue into my system but all I get is SBC as Amazon don't support the better codecs and spotify are very similar but the Zen Blue supports most of the best codecs.
I know nothing about the Echo Dot.
Does it transmit Bluetooth?
(Must do I suppose, as BT is the Zen Blue's only input).

NM1960

Mar 29, 2023
Visit site
Thanks all.

My simple plan was to play Spotify through my Galaxy android to my Denon. So in theory buy a BT adaptor. Connect it to the D. Use the Spotify App and having located the device and paired it send the music to my Denon.

Reactions: Gray

Witterings

Thanks all.

My simple plan was to play Spotify through my Galaxy android to my Denon. So in theory buy a BT adaptor. Connect it to the D. Use the Spotify App and having located the device and paired it send the music to my Denon.

Why not plug the Alexa Echo (I'm assuming you mean an Echo Dot or similar) into the Denon ..... 3.5mm out from the Echo to RCA cable into the R38?

The other alternative is buy a WiiM mini and plug it into the Denon, you can then "cast" the music from your Spotify App on your Android directly to it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts