Bluesound - the new Sonos?

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone any experience with Bluesound? Have seen them advertised recently, and looks like an improved Sonos product ready for hi res

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Not sure they're actually on sale yet. If they are it's only very recently, so might be a bit soon for user feedback.

EDIT: They're certainly not available in the UK, so that's the majority of forum members out.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Cant see that this is as ergonomic or as conveniant as the little white sonos boxes. Its like the ps3 and the tivo box, where do you put them and they are not stackable. I use an airport extreme and sonos connect with a simple d class amp, all stakable on my desktop next to my mac, neat and tidy high rise. All that said, I would be interested to understand its capabilities more and audition etc

bob_robson

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting! My impression is the design of their speakers will be higher quality than Sonos. But they are far below what Moos seem to have with their Mini Aero. In fairness, perhaps they are going after different markets - Blue looks like a lifestyle product while Moos seems more aimed at audiophiles.

Also, if Blue want to beat Sonos they need to get on the music services bandwagon in a big way. It would be interesting how their wireless holds up given they seem to run on standard WiFi - probably about the same as AirPlay. Sonos may have an advantage there.

TRENDING THREADS