Bluesound Powernode 2 vs Denon CEOL

RobPollard

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of moving from my older Denon RCD-N7 CEOL (older version of N9) to the Bluesound Powernode 2.

The Denon's sound is pretty good as is it's streaming. The powernode 2 looks incredibly small, but can it outperform the Denon sonically? If it can I would be more than happy to jump on the bandwagon. I'm just not sure if these dedicated streamers sacrifice performance for size?

The intent would be to feed its output to a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers and a Monitor Audio Radius 360HD sub.

Thanks

RobP

RobPollard

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Just had a read about the Chromecast device - very weird. They even suggest using it to make your speakers wi-fi enabled, but I often wonder if such a system would compromise a potentially good DAC or amplifier sound? My thinking being that the Chromecast would have to do the whole digital to audio thing again and might not be as good?

I already have a NAS Drive (forgot to mention this), so I would be looking for a setup that could stream music from that and produce a sound quality that's better than the CEOL.

Alas, I don't know where the CEOL fits in to the scheme of things, so I don't know what kind of kit would potentially sound better or worse than it.

RobP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts