BlueSound PowerNode 2 Speaker Pairing

Hello, I am planning on purchasing a BlueSoud PowerNode 2 for my very old Celestion SL600´s. I would like your opinion on that. However, I am also considering new speakers. These are my options: B&W 685 S2, KEF LS50, Q Acoustics 3020 and Q Acoustics Concept 20. I am leaning towards the B&W or the KEF. I would appreciate your comments on the pairing of these speakers with the PowerNode 2. Others suggestions will also be appreciated.

Most of my music is FLAC, Classical & Jazz. Thanks.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
too see the response for your query. Even I have a bluesound power node gen 1, and Ian yet to buy speakers for them. Because I don't have a chance to audition speakers where I live, I have been considering the bluesound duo. But still hesitant to buy without a demo. I know this didnt help you in anyways. But I will suggest that you audition some setups if available.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Dunno why? The last time I posted the same query. There was pin drop silence here. Iam yet to get a proper speakers recommendation from here. But if you have auditioned anything do lemme know please

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
And it is monitor audio gold gx50. I managed to audition a few speakers today after a bit of traveling. Let me start from bad to good.

First was the dali sensor 5 - found the sound unbearable, with tubby resonating bass. Stopped the audition, just into my second track.

Second was the monitor audio silver 6. There was a lot of bass, but again it wasn't as controlled as I like. Since these are very acclaimed speakers, I presume that the powenode lacked the power to control the bass. And it is not the fault of these well acclaimed speakers.

Third was monitor audio gold gx50. And they sounded very good. Since this was my first audition of expensive speakers , I was expecting to get blown away. But nothing of that sort happened. At home, I use a qacoustics q7000lri with a q7070 sub. And the sound quality of this pairing was almost 90% of the gold gx50's. But full credit to the gold gx50's for having a crisp top end. And their bass was really taut. Might not be stomach churning deep for lot of folks, but was really more than enough for me, and there was no bloat or tubby sound at all, on even the most bass extensive tracks. Even the scale was massive. I found the scale to be equal to the silver 6's in a 18x18 treated room.

I still have to audition a lot of other speakers, kef LS50, B&W 685 s2, dali opticon 6 to mention the least. But after today's audition of the silver 6's, I've decided to avoid floor Stander's as the small powenode is unable to control their bass.

Hope this helped. Iam presently inclined towards the gold gx50's. They sounded good, and looked equally good and sophisticated in white. Will go very well with my decor, matched to a white power node.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
To be quite honest, I think you are rather over matching the amplifier section of the Powernode.

It's not just about rated power, but about current capabilities, damping factor and the rest, keep the speakers simple and reasonably sensitive.

My experience with Sonos quickly taught me not to use the Connect Amp in situations where hi-fi quality was important, I would always use a Connect with external amp or active speakers.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes indeed. Even I had the same doubt. Since the speakers sounded almost like my qacoustics setup, I was certain that the amp was unable to bring out the best in them. Will surely give it a thought as iam smitten with their sophisticated looks. But this might start the urge to upgrade the amp sooner than I thought.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Yes indeed. Even I had the same doubt. Since the speakers sounded almost like my qacoustics setup, I was certain that the amp was unable to bring out the best in them. Will surely give it a thought as iam smitten with their sophisticated looks. But this might start the urge to upgrade the amp sooner than I thought.

If you have not already bought it, then maybe get a Node 2 instread...*unknw*

Add a decent poweramp, you can even go secondhand here, there are loads to choose from arounf £200-300, and get the speakers you really want.

TRENDING THREADS