Bluesound Powernode 2 or Onkyo Tx-8150

Hi,

I just started to build up a new stereo system and considering the 2 stereo amps. Both had 5 star reviews here, but I wanna hear what you guys think. I might be pairing these with either the Elac UB5 or Dali Zensor 3.

http://www.whathifi.com/bluesound/generation-2/review

http://www.whathifi.com/onkyo/tx-8150/review

Anyone considered these before and what's your advice. Thanks.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi I've been in a similar predicatement in the past. And after sitting on the fence for a long time. Recently bought the power node gen 1 on a discounted price of 350 pounds. Iam looking for proper speakers to pair with them. Might buy the concept 20s soon. While the sound quality is really good with my present make shift speakers, and the ease of use is awesome. I've recently started feeling that I might have been better with a separate amp, so that I could add a turn table in the future. However, the new gen power node might have a optical in. In which case you can go for one. Otherwise the onkyo might be a better bet, as it gives you a open ended system to grow in the future. But as regards the sound quality on the powenode, it is every bit as good as the reviews say. Clear, punchy, rythmic and very musical.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah iam aware of that. But what I actually meant was that, having an optical in was better than having no inputs at all. If not a turntable, atleast there will be other ways of expanding the system if the need is ever felt.

I personnaly wouldn't go for either and prefer a separate streamer/integrated amp approach. But if I HAD to choose between the 2, I'd go for the Onkyo based on the fact that the Power node 2 is a class D amp which I hate and it doesn't even have what I consider a classic feature of class D amp, a very thight and controlled bass, the one from the power node 2 being very slow and lacking punch and definition..

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Oops Nicholas..I bought a power node gen 1 going by reviews. And was happy with the results on my boat. I had a thick carpeted flooring with wood panelled walls. But after getting home, I find the sound totally different. Maybe hard tiled flooring and solid concrete walls have a role to play. Which iam trying to compensate with acoustic treatment. But do you think the powenode gen 1 is incapable of tight bass. As I intend on building a simple but stellar system around the same

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts