Bluesound Node 2022 plus Chrod Mojo 2 ?

TenTonTarantula

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
Simply put, I'm wondering whether the Mojo 2 is likely to provide sufficient improvement in sound quality attached to the latest Bluesound to justify adding another link in that chain.

If so then I could be swayed towards a purchase as I was already looking for laptop-fed head amp / dac solution for when I'm working in the home office, and if it can add a bit of extra pep to the main system as well then seems like a good deal. Otherwise I'll just get the iFi Zen Dac V2.

Thoughts? Anyone experienced that pairing?

shadders

Simply put, I'm wondering whether the Mojo 2 is likely to provide sufficient improvement in sound quality attached to the latest Bluesound to justify adding another link in that chain.

If so then I could be swayed towards a purchase as I was already looking for laptop-fed head amp / dac solution for when I'm working in the home office, and if it can add a bit of extra pep to the main system as well then seems like a good deal. Otherwise I'll just get the iFi Zen Dac V2.

Thoughts? Anyone experienced that pairing?
Hi,
The Mojo 2 has a better specification - lower THD on the output. The Blusound Node 2i uses the Texas Instrument PCM 5242 DAC IC which has a THD of -94dB (0,002%), whereas the Mojo 2 has 0.0003% THD.

In the end, you do need to hear the two to compare, as anyone elses preference may not be to your liking.

Regards,
Shadders.

manicm

There were suggestions that external DACs could only improve early versions of Sonos and Bluesound to a limited extent. Why that was is unclear. The latest Node seems to have a slightly wider soundstage than previous models.

You really have to try to audition.

doifeellucky

As a Mojo 2 owner for me it offers nothing over my Zen DAC V2. Tested with hires Tidal and Apple Music with Grado 325x and Beoplay H6 Gen 2. I also connected into my Cambridge CXA60 and gave it the best opportunity of Spotify into the Cambridge DAC vs Tidal into the Mojo, so I could directly AB. Again nothing noticeable. Hearing wise I can hear to 18k so that isn’t the issue. I’d personally put the money towards a speaker upgrade or something else.

robdmarsh

I've got a Node 3 and am completely underwhelmed by the sound in my set up. Much prefer ifi Zen blue, even knowing full well that the latter is not true hi-res.

If anyone's interested in purchasing a Node 3 in immaculate condish (boxed), then please get in touch - I know I haven't really sold it here but I have read that people have got better results with the Node in higher end systems. But it's not for me...

TRENDING THREADS