blue-ray player & recorder seperates or all in one?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm just about to purchase a Panasonic TX-P42G10B plasma TV and to complete the high definition package thought i'd get a blue-ray player and a high definition hard drive recorder that can copy to DVD.

Whilst I already have Sky+ i'm not quite yet willing to pay the extra for Sky HD which I know may sound stupid if I have a full HD TV, but as the Panasonic has a Freesat tuner i'll be able to see for myself just how good transmitted high definition programmes are, and in time will no doubt have to pay Murdoc his shilling.

I also want a recorder because of the different viewing preferences of my partner and I we often need to record more than two programmes at once.

My choice for the combi would be the Panasonic DMR-BS750 blue-ray player/recorder which i've seen for £537, but would something like the Sony BDP-S760B (£311.69) and the Panasonic DMR-XS350 (£389.90) out perform the combi machine and if so enough to pay the extra £164 they would cost or perhaps you can recommend a better combination?

I know that copying high definition to Blue-ray at the moment is limited by the single copy only rule and the high cost of blank Blu-ray discs, but I guess that will change in the future so I want to be ready when it does. Again I also assume that high definition can only be copied to blue-ray to get the full quality when playing it back?

Can you also confirm that whichever route I take i'll still need to have a new LNB fitted to my Sky dish to be able to take advantage of the two Freesat tuners in the recorders too?

Once again thanks for your invaluable advice.

A

Anonymous

Well I've found the answer to one of my questions and now know to be able to take advantage of the two freesat tuners on the recorder i'll have to run another two cables from the lnb (providing it has the extra connections) alongside the existing two used for the Sky+ box. If not, then it's a new lnb.

So anyone any thoughts on the player recorder issue?

Also just another tought, I like my footy and her in doors loves ther formula one racing so are the choices for the TV and rest of the equipment good for showing fast moving objects or again is there better at the price range i'm looking at?

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts