Blu rays to showcase the black levels.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I have my iron maiden blu ray and the black levels are really good.

Is there any movies that can showcase how good the black levels are?

I am struggling to think of some, i like national treasures two at the beginning.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks [Y]

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Pitch Black
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

sonycentre:Also the latest star trek film(2009) awesome blu ray to test your tv...look's amazing on mine.

Cheers mate
emotion-21.gif
i just bought this one for my dad for xmas and it turned up today
emotion-2.gif
i think i will borrow it off him so i can save some money here though. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have been thinking about the harry potter boxset but i am not too sure becasue i am not a fan at all.

But reading the what hi fi review of the sony 46hx903 tv they rave about the blacks on harry potter order of the phoenix so sometimes it crosses my mind whether to buy them.

Anyone got the boxset and what do you think about the blacks on them all?

Thanks

daveh75

gel:
I have been thinking about the harry potter boxset but i am not too sure becasue i am not a fan at all.

But reading the what hi fi review of the sony 46hx903 tv they rave about the blacks on harry potter order of the phoenix so sometimes it crosses my mind whether to buy them.

Thanks
Why on earth would you buy a BD you've no interest in just to 'showcase' black levels?

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75:gel:

Thanks

Why on earth would you buy a BD you've no interest in just to 'showcase' black levels?

Well most of the blu rays i own are animations or ones that don't have particularly dark scenes in them, i don't think i will buy the harry potter ones but i was curious as to what people who had them or seen them thought of the pictures on them.

I am also really struggling to think of any movies that i would like where there is a nice mix.

So hopefully i will not have too but just wanted to add abit of variety in my blu ray collection.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

I have been doing abit of reseach and come up with a list of possible other ones here it is:

Black hawk down, the dark city, master and commander, no country for old men, saving private ryan. prince of persia.

Any opinions on them?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I am ashamed to say That I have had Black Hawk Down for about 6 months and its still the the wrapper, and saving private ryan as well.

I have not opened them yet as I am worried about the neighbours.

D

Deleted member 2457

canada16:

I am ashamed to say That I have had Black Hawk Down for about 6 months and its still the the wrapper, and saving private ryan as well.

I have not opened them yet as I am worried about the neighbours.

I can remember i had saving private ryan on dvd and the dts soundtrack was seriously loud, so god knows what it will sound like on master audio.
emotion-2.gif
some people have been saying something about the audio is out of sync or something though?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Underworld 1 & 2 and the dark scenes in Watchmen are all worth a look too.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:

stu31:Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Underworld 1 & 2 and the dark scenes in Watchmen are all worth a look too.

emotion-21.gif

Exactly the films I was about to suggest!

Cheers guys
emotion-21.gif
i think i am just about sorted now and i forgot my dad has master and commander on dvd and harry potter 1-5 on dvd as well so i am going to borrow them dim the lights and get down to some viewing.

Cheers everyone.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
stu31:Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Underworld 1 & 2 and the dark scenes in Watchmen are all worth a look too.

The Dark Knight looks absolutely stunning on my Kuro.
emotion-21.gif

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site

The Dark Knight looks absolutely stunning on my Kuro.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

The Dark Knight imax full screen sections are probably the best i have seen on blu ray on my screen so far, simply stunning.

D

Deleted member 2457

I watched master and commander today - like that movie
emotion-21.gif
watch it on dvd and listened to the dts soundtrack i had forgotten just how lethal that soundtrack is - man it is right up there with loudest, if not the.

Tried Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix but got bored after 15 minutes watching it so stopped.

I can try lord of the rings i know someone who has got them and on blu ray.

Sin City i will check it out, cheers guys.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS