In my experience, there is no difference in blu ray picture quality between different blu ray players, as long as no artificial processing is employed by the player. Just bear in mind that PS4 may emit fan noise (like the PS3).

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
The PS4 reportedly had trouble deinterlacing 1080i content and some DVD upscaling problems, I think these issues have been resolved now.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
hybridauth_facebook_100001088194979 said:
Hi Guys

just wanted to know from a sound and video prospective will the PS4 be as good as the blu ray player

i watch alot from the harddrive and a bit of blu ray discs

cant decide which method i should go for

previously i had a ps3 which is now broken. So in the market?

Video wise there might not be much difference between the PS4 qand the dedicated sony BD player. Sound wise however if you have an AV reciever I would set the PS4 to output bitstream and let the AVR decode the audio as it will do a better job than the PS4. That is certainly the case with the PS3 anyway.

I have noticed quite a big difference between players piture wise. The pic from my LX71 is better/cleaner than the LX70 I also have. I have the chance to compare many players at old job. The cheaper ones were never quite as good.

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I went for the Sony Bluray player

it seems good easy to handle.

I got the Sony STR 1050 recevier and wanted to know if you can use one remote for both?

If Songpal app will work on this bluray player as i could not get it to work

screen mirroing etc works well

Thank you guys for the advice

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
edit

picture

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
hybridauth_facebook_100001088194979 said:
Hi all,

I went for the Sony Bluray player

it seems good easy to handle.

I got the Sony STR 1050 recevier and wanted to know if you can use one remote for both?

If Songpal app will work on this bluray player as i could not get it to work

screen mirroing etc works well

Thank you guys for the advice

Hi there. Yes because they are both Sony you should be able to use all th buttons that have the same function. To control the BD player via the AVR remote you may need to select BD then slelect Receiver again to go back to controling the AMP.

Some BD functions will only be accessable from the BD remote though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts