Blu Ray Player to suit Txp50vt65b

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone, recently purchased the Pana VT65, i bought a blu ray player at the same time, the Pioneer bDP 160, is this player man enough for the screen im not convinced.

any help would be appreciated

Mike

This is what AV forums says in every blu ray player review:

"The digital nature of the content means that any Blu-ray player capable of outputting 1080p24 should be identical to any other when using the HDMI output."

Personally, I haven't found a difference between blu ray players at different price points.

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/index.php?parent=7&search_special=1

D

Deleted member 2457

Mickgw said:
Hi everyone, recently purchased the Pana VT65, i bought a blu ray player at the same time, the Pioneer bDP 160, is this player man enough for the screen im not convinced.

any help would be appreciated

Mike

I had the Pioneer 55 recently and the picture on that was as good as I have seen. I am getting the Marantz 7007 tomorrow which is highly regarded on here, so can comment on its performance then.

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Well as I thought my Pana BDP 55 is better than the Pioneer, I checked a few times between the 2. There was a noticeable difference, even my misus commented on it. gel it would be good if you could let me know about the Marantz.

Thanks for the response guys.

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
The Panasonic DMP DB55 was around £300 when i bought it over 4 years ago, when you compare the 2 players there is a clear difference in terms of build quality and finish. The Pioneer has a good picture but wasnt as good as the other. Although the load time is considerably slower on the Panasonic which drives me mad.

I think i'll save for a better player based on the screen i have as the Panasonic doesnt have 3D capability although this doesnt bother me to much.

D

Deleted member 2457

Mickgw said:
Well as I thought my Pana BDP 55 is better than the Pioneer, I checked a few times between the 2. There was a noticeable difference, even my misus commented on it. gel it would be good if you could let me know about the Marantz.

Thanks for the response guys.

The Marantz is very good. The picture has lots of detail and depth to it. Is it better than the Pioneer? Some would possibly argue yes, but I am not sure me, it looks very similar to the Pioneer. It is certainly good as Blu-ray players go though. The problem with my Pioneer 55 is that the operation was not very good, the Marantz don't seem to have that problem. I would say one to consider.

D

Deleted member 2457

pioneer7 said:
Gel dont mind my asking what sort of price have been qouted.... 8)

I paid £611 for the Marantz 7007. It seems a lot to get perfect operation but I suppose that is the going rate. DVDs look very good.

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Mickgw said:
The Panasonic DMP DB55 was around £300 when i bought it over 4 years ago.

Yes, blu ray players were expensive 4 years ago. I've got the Panasonic BD60 which replaced BD55. The latest replacement is BD75.

What's your budget?

Probably no more than £500

To be honest, I don't think you'll notice any benefits beyond Denon 1713UD & Marantz UD5007. Players beyond that mainly concentrate on audio, and your Yamaha sound bar is unlikely to bring out the benefits.

Based on that, check out the above 2 players, and also Sony S790 / 5100 and Panasonic 230.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
:? Crikey gel HOW MUCH......I think if I had that sort of money, and I would not spend that kind of cash on a blu-ray player, the very least I would buy would be the oppo, and thats only because it does everything pretty well, and I would have to want all the extras which it has in spades, but use them.

So for play back of blu-ray and SACD it would be a pioneer/denon/CAudio but I have the pioneer amp now any way so the pioneer it is, even so its unlikely you will see any difference on play back, maybe a little on Audio, which you said the pioneer did very well, I am just wondering what you will buy if you have problems with the Marantz, I think you should have stuck with the pioneer and given it another go, then with the change you had left have your Tv callibrated, then you would have seen a difference. Iam sure the build quality is first rate and looks the part, but hey fair play to you, I have just ordered a couple of mains leads, becuase I want a quality product, I probably wont see hear much improvement but that is not why I am buying them, I am pretty sure you will have a big grin when you get it and set it up..so hope it works out Ok..... 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts