Blu-ray/High definition A.V set-up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last year I purchased a Sony KDL40W2000 Lcd T.V upon excellent recommendation and have been very pleased with this purchase. I am now looking to upgrade my (upscale) DVD player ( connected to LCD using QED HDMI-SR) and A.V amplifier and am considering the purchase of the Sony DPS500 Blu-ray player and possibly the Sony STRDB1200ES A.V amp (Open to recommendations).

I would be most grateful if someone could recommend the most effective way of connecting the Blu-ray player to the LCD T.V to maximise both the picture and sound quality as have been advised of many conflicting ways to do so. One suggestion has been to connect the Blu-ray player direct to a suitable HDMI A.V amp and then run a second HDMI lead from the A.V amp to the T.V to benefit from High definition sound. My only concern here is will I still be benefiting from the best quality High definition picture as the signal will not be running directly from the Blu-ray player to the LCD T.V but through a secondary piece of equipment thus losing a small degree of definition.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
If you were to buy the Sony BDPS500, I'd recommend the Onkyo TXSR605. It's £100 more than the Sony but totally worth it. With that combination, you can take full advantage of the ability of the BDPS500 to bitstream the audio to the amp via HDMI and let it do the decoding to get the best possible sound. Then run the second HDMI cable from the amp to the TV. Make sure both cable are decent quality and HDMI v1.3. You shouldn't experience any loss of quality.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for your prompt reply, its most helpful and I will certainly look into the Onkyo as a option. To be honest im now having second thought's towards purchasing a blu-ray player or HD player altogether as Ive been warned of the incompatability of my lcd tv (Sony KDL-40W2000). Ive since found out that even though this set is a 'Full definition' set at 1080p it is unable to produce images at true 24fps( frames per second) that effectively the blu-ray player produces therefore resulting in significant screen judder on fast moving images. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Kind regards

A

Anonymous

hello, i have the same tv and also got a psx3 recently.I also worried about my tv not handling fast stuff well since its "old".

I think the psx3 has been updated to run at 24fps. If this is correct then i have had no problems with my KDL 40W2000- blu rays looks amazing! In addition, most of the blu ray disks i have watched have all been action, with lots of fast motion and so far,no motion judder.

So if somebody could confirm that the psx3 does run at 24fps then i recon youve no worries.Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts