Blu-ray – What to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need some help choosing a Blu-ray player as I don't know much about them. So far I've been looking at:

Sony BDP S550

Sony BDP S360

Pioneer BDP 120

Panasonic BD 60

I'd love to hear any suggestions you guys have regarding the above choices.

A

Anonymous

What exactly are you looking for in a blu-ray player? Best picture quality, best sound quality, functionality, value, price?

A

Anonymous

I'm looking for both best quality picture and sound. I'm not bothered about functionality really. I'll be adding a new receiver to the player I buy in a few weeks time - possibly the Onkyo TX-SR 507. For that reason I don't want to go overboard on price. From what I've read on this site, there really isn't much in the choices I listed I think (?). The Pioneer BDP-360 gets a great review but is just a little over budget. Unfortunately I can't find a review of the Pioneer BDP-160.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
If your on a budget you cant go wrong with the Panasonic BD 60 and Onkyo 507, had the pair for a week and so far very impressed.

Onkyo is well screwed together, plenty of power, 3 HDMI in, decodes all the latest hd Dts and Dolby, very impressed.

One point do not place any thing on top, it chucks out a far bit of heat.

The BD 60 is very good to, using a 42" Panny plasma so matches perfectly, very handy that you can connect to your router and down load latest firm ware.

Picture quality is excellent, BBC Planet Earth is stunning, highly recommended, shop around and you can get it for well under £200.

A

Anonymous

Agreed. The BD60 would be the right choice in this case.

A

Anonymous

The Sony BDP-S360 has some 'teething' issues it appears, from what I gather from some forums.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
EvilWolf:The Sony BDP-S360 has some 'teething' issues it appears, from what I gather from some forums.

Really? The mods / rockers won't appreciate you naming said forums, but can you elaborate (subject to normal rules as to admissability of hearsay) as to what the teething issues are? Am contemplating buying a 360 shortly...

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Heres why you should go for the panasonic, firmware updates from the internet.

+ viera cast, watch clips from you tube,and amazon to start hd films soon ?

ethernet port on back panel, 15 mt cable from play.com £4 squids, plug into router and 5 mins later latest 1.9 firm ware down loaded.

if you want to mess about down loading files and burning a cd ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts