Bizarre album info..

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
When ripping CD's into iTunes and looking at the Gracenote info i.e. composer etc have you ever noticed anything weird.

For example:

Pop Will Eat Itself - The Looks and the Lifestyle (remastered) the composer is 'Vestan Pance' - think about it.

Radio 1's Live Lounge - an ongoing joke relating to Jo Whiliey having hairy toes turned up across various volumes. :O

Any others anybody has spotted?

Paul.

I have this Dreamscape oldskool rave CD (for nostalgias sake, everone listens to crap when they are young) and found it hilarious when gracenote added this to the album...

250774_1_f.jpg

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
Gracenote’s database was originally created from, and continues to receive voluntary contributions from users. So has many odd user's own ideas, errors, etc. But on the whole it is pretty good. Just don't believe everything you find on it.

Any errors you do find you can feed back to Gracenote, and so improve it for other users.

Andrew

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
Pop Will Eat Itself - The Looks and the Lifestyle (remastered) the composer is 'Vestan Pance' - think about it.

IIRC PWEI often (always?) gave songwriting credit to Vestan Pance, so that isn't a Gracenote anomaly and more a 20 odd year old jape.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Amyl Right Mate said:
Xanderzdad said:

IIRC PWEI often (always?) gave songwriting credit to Vestan Pance, so that isn't a Gracenote anomaly and more a 20 odd year old jape.

Correct, when Fuzz Townsend joined as drummer on The Looks or The Lifestyle they wanted to change it Vestan Panceandsocks but RCA told them they couldn't. Vestan Pance is the correct credit, it's on every release.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi lhc

Not suggesting a gracenote error. Just an example of the humour at work on many artists releases.

Although it should be said sometimes the entries are not 'official' as per the abuse re the French on some Jean Michel-Jarre albums I ripped a few years ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts