biwire help

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

ive just got myself some monitor audio rs1 speakers for my nad c320bee /c521bee system ,now ive ordered some chord carnival plus bi-wire ?

will bi-wire make some difference i thought i would give it a go as ive never tryed it?

cheers

A

Anonymous

Hi m8' I found by bi - wiring my system it gave it more depth and better soundtage

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
wow thanks for the quick response

ive got the chord carnival bi-wire but does anyone know what size the terminated pins are on them as im worried they want fit into my nadc320bee and ma rs1 speakers?

cheers

A

Anonymous

A MASSIVE difference.

I went from:

1x power amp via dual-core / per-channel, to a pair of bi-ampable / wireable speakers, with the link at the speakers = OK

Then 1x power amp via quad-core / per-channel to the same pair of bi-ampable / wireable speakers (removed the link) = superb.

THEN - 2x power amps via quad-core / per-channel to the same pair of bi-ampable speakers (link still removed) = sex-without-the-mess-type-stuff.

You're heading in the right direction IMHO.

Do an A/B with a quality CD that you know (Supertramp worked for me - Crisis! What Crisis? rem - natch)

BTW - failure to remove the link at the appropriate point leads to mess-without-the-sex-type-stuff.

A

Anonymous

i have found that bi wiring can make no difference to a small difference.In my experience you will not hear a significant difference.It is bi amping that will do that.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"]i have found that bi wiring can make no difference to a small difference.In my experience you will not hear a significant difference.It is bi amping that will do that.[/quote]
I'm tempted to go with Fraziel on this one. I've bi-amped two Arcam 8s to enormous effect before and now I just bi-wire with no noticable effect (or at least nothing that I've found in my rather quick tests - sounds lazy but I already had the cable runs from my previous set up so I just stuck them on!).

IMO the main reason that people notice a difference when they bi-wire is because they remove that awful gold bar from between the binding posts. Simply by doing that you will improve the game slightly. For anyone who does not bi-wire and has double binding posts on your speakers, replace the bars with little strands of your speaker wire; ultra-low cost system improvement for post-festive wallets...

If you've already got the cable then you might as well bi-wire and you'll also be ready for a future upgrade with bi-amping. I wouldn't advise anyone to run out and get four runs of cable though. If there's cash burning a hole then a decent interconnect or a mains lead for the CDP would make more difference.

Hope you enjoy your system - great choice.

A

Anonymous

I concur - I was using VDH cs-122 but upgraded to tea-track -essentially a double run of the same stuff. I only really did it in preparation for bi-amping in future (it was 100quid off ebay) but when I swapped it in (makes sense to use it!) I noticed no difference. Still I do now have the cable to tri-amp if I ever swap the speakers and spend a fortune on amplifiers. So there's not much point in that...

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
As some of you will know I a pro biwiring and have heard a big difference with it.

Rather then repeating my self see : http://whathifi.com/forums/p/1574/7933.aspx#7933 for my experiences

I do agree that bi amping takes the process much further.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts