Big sound for a big picture ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

In the next few months I am hoping to purchase a projector. Likely candidates will be either AE3000, AE4000 or HD350. I anticipate the screen will be in the region of 80"-100" diagonal (2.35:1).

I am also on the hunt for a Hi-Fi system (and a new kitchen) so I need to balance the available budget between all three (and no, I can't make do with a camping stove!).

It is likely Hi-Fi and cinema will be in different rooms....... as will the kitchen.

I am looking at a choice of three levels of audio to go with the projector. (examples):

1) Denon 1910 with Q Acoustics 2000. (preferred due to cost)

2) Denon 2310 with B&W 685 theatre. (happy to buy)

3) Pioneer LX82 with RX6 AV minus sub. (would be chuffed to buy but would need to wait two years for new Hi-Fi)

My question would be: which level would give an appropriate sense of scale to match the picture? The room is gunna be an irregular shape but will approximate to 4m x 3m. My son loves movies like Hulk, Spiderman, Transformers etc so action movies will be the staple diet.

I will of course demo but would prefer some pointers so the time spent demo-ing is most productive.

Thank you.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
If you hurry, you could get some good deals on the outgoing Monitor Audio RS6 and RS Centre plus 2 cheaper style speakers, i.e KEF or B&W for rears. Using a Denon AV amp with the RS speakers should get a good tonal balance. Add a BK XLS200 sub (£300) as and when you can.

A

Anonymous

Thank you pete321,

Are you suggesting that the other options will sound a bit weedy or just a way to save some money?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts