Bi-Wiring question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Afternoon,

Hope this isn't a stupid question !

I've just bought the bi-wried version of the chord carnival silver screen. The speaker connections have four but just have a single pair going to the AMP. Is this right ? I've ordered them online and this is how they came.

Thank you,

Gbeer7

A

Anonymous

This is normal for biwiring unless your amp has four connections (my Cyrus power amps do).

Of course if you want to biamp then you need 4 to 4 biwire cable.

A

Anonymous

Mine does have four connections, have an Audiolab 8000s. Will it make any differance ?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Not really; just use the 2-plugged end of the cable to connect to your amp and then obviously the 4-plugged end for the speakers (remember to remove the speaker jumper bars/cables if your speakers have them).

If you decide to bi-amp further down the line then unfortunately you will need to change the cable as you'll need 4 plugs at each end.

A

Anonymous

Just spoken to the shop i got them from. Basically two cables have been put into a connector each. The connector's are just just screw on. So he said when i come to bi-amp i can un-screw these and just buy two more connectors (Making the 4), and split all four wires into seperate connectors.

That will work fine, won't it ?

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, certainly will. I also have just purchased the same bi-wire, & fitted the plugs myself, 4 into 2. I've also bought some extra plugs for when my new receiver arrives, as that will give me the required connections for bi-amping. I'll just need to add a couple of extra plugs at one end when it gets here.

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:Not really; just use the 2-plugged end of the cable to connect to your amp and then obviously the 4-plugged end for the speakers (remember to remove the speaker jumper bars/cables if your speakers have them).If you decide to bi-amp further down the line then unfortunately you will need to change the cable as you'll need 4 plugs at each end.

You wouldn't have to buy a new set of cables if you decided to bi-amp. I just snipped my 2-4 cables and ended up with 4-4 cables, though 2 of the wires are bare ended. You could also snip and re-terminate, to make them look neater and to stop oxidation of the bare wire contacts, something I haven't got round to yet.

But it sounds like the OP has his solution sorted. I hope bi-wiring does it for your ears. I side-stepped this bit and went straight to bi-amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts