Question Bi wire jumpers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Chalk it to semantics. There are 2 plates per bi-wiring speaker (joining 2 terminals). You can bank on it for interest, or sit by the river pondering.

Acknowledged but a plate is simply a connection between Hi and Low. There's no bi about it as wire connections are not bi-wiring...... end of.

danny-79

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Plate or jumper cable. Either way it’s just a way of bypassing the bi-wire system so only one cable runs to the amp. It’s only bi-wired if there is a separate cable for LF and HF that either join together amp end or to do it properly a designated channel for each. Either way results are debatable

Can’t afford the 7K jumpers mentioned before so have supply’s in the post to build my own

Reactions: Al ears

TrevC

Plate or jumper cable. Either way it’s just a way of bypassing the bi-wire system so only one cable runs to the amp. It’s only bi-wired if there is a separate cable for LF and HF that either join together amp end or to do it properly a designated channel for each. Either way results are debatable

Can’t afford the 7K jumpers mentioned before so have supply’s in the post to build my own
Any old wire or the metal links will do as good a job. This thread is nonsense.

Engineria

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
Any basic copper conductor will work well over such a short length to replace a link plate. Using more expensive cables or solid links would be an extreme case of diminishing returns.

danny-79

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
I brought an extra 1mtr of cable when buying it for new speakers, banana/fork plugs, heat shrink. add half hour of time and here you have it. Job Done.
not £7K's worth but still going to be more attractive than a rusty nail !Jumpers.jpg

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts