Hi all, my set up

Marantz mcr612

1000005120.jpg

Wharfedale diamond 9 1

1000005139.jpg

Two sets of banana plug cables

1000005140.jpg

Do i need another more audio cables

In laymans terms how do i bi amp the speakers with what i have. Photos, diagrams welcome . Thankyou

Hi all, my set up

Marantz mcr612

View attachment 7621

Wharfedale diamond 9 1

View attachment 7622

View attachment 7623

In laymans terms how do i bi amp the speakers with what i have. Photos, diagrams welcome . Thankyou
Don't bother, even if you could. Simply connect a pair of cables to each speaker.
You cannot biamp with that device only biwire and that will gain you nothing.
Remove the plastic bungs from the top set of speaker cable attachment sockets on the amp and use your black cable to wire it up to the lower set of connections on those speakers.
Job done.

Last edited:

Fandango Andy

Hi all, my set up

Marantz mcr612

View attachment 7621

Wharfedale diamond 9 1

View attachment 7622

View attachment 7623

You could run a second set of cables using the A and B terminals. However, they are linked inside the amp so you would actually be bi-wiring, not bi-amping.

People argue as much about the benefits of bi-wiring and bi-amping as they do about the sonic impact of leads and cables. In the real world: If you have tens of thousands of pounds worth of monoblocks and loudspeakers the value of a family car, and they are in a perfectly treated room, you may notice a small improvement.

For the rest of us, if you want to make the most of your sound, take some time to play with your speaker positioning. It makes a world of difference. Fortunately you have a head start as your speakers are really forgiving and easy to position.

cookiemonsteruk

Jul 14, 2024
Visit site
Done. I am two pairs of cable short for bi wire/amp but i did check the speaker settings and it did say standard, parallel bridged terminal load pbtl and bi amp. Will try the pbtl and see if thats any good other than that the speakers are well bassy for their size
You could run a second set of cables using the A and B terminals. However, they are linked inside the amp so you would actually be bi-wiring, not bi-amping.

People argue as much about the benefits of bi-wiring and bi-amping as they do about the sonic impact of leads and cables. In the real world: If you have tens of thousands of pounds worth of monoblocks and loudspeakers the value of a family car, and they are in a perfectly treated room, you may notice a small improvement.

For the rest of us, if you want to make the most of your sound, take some time to play with your speaker positioning. It makes a world of difference. Fortunately you have a head start as your speakers are really forgiving and easy to position.

Would i need to allow some time to run the amp, cable or speakers in ?

cookiemonsteruk

Jul 14, 2024
Visit site
Whether still manufactured or selling off end of line speakers i found it hard paying an extra £100 for the 12.1's. In retrospect after 48 hours listening to them i cannot fault them. I had a Marty Mcfly moment yesterday whilst using them thru heos with volume set to 11 😁 i felt as if i was knocked off my feet 👍

Fandango Andy

Done. I am two pairs of cable short for bi wire/amp but i did check the speaker settings and it did say standard, parallel bridged terminal load pbtl and bi amp. Will try the pbtl and see if thats any good other than that the speakers are well bassy for their size

Would i need to allow some time to run the amp, cable or speakers in ?
The speakers may improve with a little use, but on the whole, no.

Reactions: cookiemonsteruk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts