Bi amping JAMO S 606

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear Reader,

Im looking for some decent cable to bi amp my speakers.However all (or at least most) advertisements talk about taking full advantages of Bi-Wiring .Does this also mean they are suitable for Bi-amping or should I take 2 seperate "normal " speaker cables ?

As an example,I am now connected to my Onkyo by means of QED Silver anniversary XT .Should i take another pair of these,or should i go for the QED Original bi-wire MKII or QED Silver anniversary XT bi-wire.? I need new cables anyway,present ones will be to short for my new layout

Awaiting your reply,

Kind Regards,

Marc

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Given that your current cables need replacing, buying a dedicated biwire type would seem to make a lot of sense if you wish to biwire the speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Andrew,

But I'm not trying to Bi-wire but to Bi Amp : Doesn't this make a difference ?

If I order Bi Wire cable it goes from 2 ends to 4 ends : this makes no sence to me if i want to Bi Amp

Kind Regards,

Marc

A

Anonymous

Just use 'normal cable' - 2 ends to 2 ends if that makes any sense....

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
You need to purchase specific biwire cable which allows you to both biwire and bi-amp!

QED Silver Anniversary biwire cable and Chord Carnival Silverscreen biware cable are possibles.

They have 4 connections at each end; 4 for the amps (2 for the integrated/power and the other 2 for the power HF/LF connections) and the 4 at the speaker end (2 for the HF and 2 for the LF connections - but please remember to remove any jumper bars/cables that may be in place).

You can, if you want, buy 4 lots of normal 2 wire speaker cable but obviously that'll cost more, be more messy and fiddly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts