Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro (Studio) 80ohms

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I have received these headphones today. Before I was use to £20 Sony headphones, they are very musical in their limited way (tight soundstage with a slightly condensed presentation). But now with these new headphones I hear the body of instruments, the soundstage has expanded, and there is a comforting bass (ok not the most accurate). Their effect is to listen to all my saved music on laptop and my favourite tunes on youtube (I have spotify but youtube is far more comprehensive in choice of music). I felt as if I discovered audio nirvana and no where do I hear any treble sibilance or attack as described on some youtube reviews...?
Maybe I am not using a resolving Dac which may play to my advantage...?

D

Deleted member 188533

The 80 ohm version has the best treble of the bunch. The 770 is a good headphone and one of the only closed back headphones in that price range worth recommending. Which is why you see it in studio use so much.

It's what I'd consider an entry level mid-fi headphone.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Glad you're happy.
Maybe next you will go for that Zen DAC your were looking into?
What is it that you're currently using?

Just a ACER 5742Z lap top, the new headphones seems to work fine without DAC, maybe a little underpowered but not so to disrupt my listening. I love the way I can hear the instruments especially in classical music, I can now understand why they are called "Studio" use.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I love the way I can hear the instruments especially in classical music, I can now understand why they are called "Studio" use.
I know what you mean.
I got some Sennheiser HD560S recently. They too are described as monitor headphones.
They reveal detail that my (none too shabby) speakers, from the Professional Monitor Company, miss.
There's something special about hearing new things on tracks you've heard thousands of times before.
Speakers have strengths in other areas, but headphones unearth the micro details.

D

Deleted member 188533

I know what you mean.
I got some Sennheiser HD560S recently. They too are described as monitor headphones.
They reveal detail that my (none too shabby) speakers, from the Professional Monitor Company, miss.
There's something special about hearing new things on tracks you've heard thousands of times before.
Speakers have strengths in other areas, but headphones unearth the micro details.

Exactly how I felt almost 10 years ago when I first got HD598s. Then I slowly realized my 598s were entry level and things can get much, much better. Generally for less money than new speakers and certainly with less hassle. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts