Beyerdynamic T5p

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Has anybody on here had a listen to the new Beyerdynamic T5p (they received a good review on here). I wondered if anybody has had a listen to them and what do they think....what did they use them with?

Also seeing as I own the Beyerdynamic T70p I wondered if anybody knows how they differ to these and whether they are much of an improvement over the T70p's?

They seem to be a lot more expensive than the T70p (circa £300 I believe) and wondered if the additional cost was worth it? Having said that I think I only paid approximtely £200.00 for my T70p's, six months old from a guy in America so They would have to be a bloody big improvement over them for me to even contemplate a change.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I am very curious about this as well. I am reviewing some Beyerdynamics for my blog soon and have asked for both the T70 and T5p. If I get both to play with I will let you know how they compare. The T5p are the same price as the T1. I have heard people say that the quality is good on both but the T1 is clealry king. Since you wouldn't want to wear them outisde I would recommend looking more at the T1 if you have the cash. The isolation on the T5p is poor, I think - like most super high-end closed back headphones (Denon 7000, Audio Technica W5000 etc.). I think this is an unavoidable consiquence of having a good soundstage.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Quadpatch,

More curiosity than anything else to be honest...I'm very happy with the T70p's and too be honest could quite happily live with them and use them as my only headphone if I had to.

If I am going to be looking at that sort of money for the T5p or T1 then I would opt out, save a bit more and go for a pair of Audeze LCD2's (in fact I could get a nice second hand pair for that sort of money anyway)....but obviously if I went for the Audeze I would need a decent head amp as well to get the best out of them.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Jason36 said:
Cheers Quadpatch, More curiosity than anything else to be honest...I'm very happy with the T70p's and too be honest could quite happily live with them and use them as my only headphone if I had to. If I am going to be looking at that sort of money for the T5p or T1 then I would opt out, save a bit more and go for a pair of Audeze LCD2's (in fact I could get a nice second hand pair for that sort of money anyway)....but obviously if I went for the Audeze I would need a decent head amp as well to get the best out of them.

I would not buy anything less than the latest production of LCD2, given how many important improvements have been made. On the T1 and T5p, based on Innerfidelity's tests, I'd say the T1 is tuned for full treble like the T70, while the T5p is tuned for a softer high end.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if it was me, as much as I am looking forward to trying the T1, I would be more curious about the LCD-2 and more likely buy that for myself first. I really like the look of the new bamboo and suede version of the LCD-2 actually.

As for what Dale says about the T70's treble, it sounds more like the old DT880 rather than the DT770 (which is what I thought it was based one, signature wise). I really like the DT880, almost done with my review of it.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
dalethorn said:
Jason36 said:
Cheers Quadpatch, More curiosity than anything else to be honest...I'm very happy with the T70p's and too be honest could quite happily live with them and use them as my only headphone if I had to. If I am going to be looking at that sort of money for the T5p or T1 then I would opt out, save a bit more and go for a pair of Audeze LCD2's (in fact I could get a nice second hand pair for that sort of money anyway)....but obviously if I went for the Audeze I would need a decent head amp as well to get the best out of them.

I would not buy anything less than the latest production of LCD2, given how many important improvements have been made. On the T1 and T5p, based on Innerfidelity's tests, I'd say the T1 is tuned for full treble like the T70, while the T5p is tuned for a softer high end.

Once again, cheers Dale,

I will bear that in mind with the LCD2's. I can actually only find a couple of places here in the UK that sell Audeze, and luckily one of them is fairly local to myself. These will be more of a longer term purchase due to cost, so I'm in no hurry at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts