Beyerdynamic DTX101iE vs Sennheiser cx880i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I have been using Sennheiser cx300II for years and currently looking for an upgrade.

I generally listen to various types of music and enjoy using my cx300 but want to try something better.

I have been looking into DTX101iE from Beyerdynamic which has receive many positive reviews and recommendation from various sites, however I noticed that the price range is not that different from when I bought my 300, so I'm not sure that the sound quality will be that much improved.

I am also interested in cx880 but never really has the chance to try them.

I do notice that some people also recommend IE6 but I don't think I will like having to wear cables over my ears and they are a bit too expensive.

I also accidentally had the chance to try Sennheiser hd238 precision and really like the sound they produce, however, they are openback, non-in ear and the sound leak so they are not what I'm looking for.

So, the questions are

Will DTX101iE give that much of an improvement compared to my good old cx300II?

And finally what should I go for? cx880, IE6, or DTX101iE? Other models suggestion in the price range around 100euros is also open.

Thanks

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
If you could get used to the fit I think Shure SE215 would be an excellent choice. Heard good things about the Sennheiser IE6/7/8/80, so I think they would be a sound choice too, pardon the pun.

If you want a more natural sound signature then the Westone W1 or some Etymotics might also be considerations as they usebalanced armatures rather than dynamic drivers.

Denon also make some nice earphones in your price range I think.

A

Anonymous

My option boils down to Sennheiser cx880i and Beyerdynamic MX101iE. Any recommendation?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts