Best Wireless Dac

jala

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for the best wireless dac for my system. Please could you give me some recommendations.

I have a Rotel RA 1520 amp, Rotel RCD 1520 cd player and B&W CM8 speakers.

Is the Arcam rDAC wireless a good option?

Thanks,

Jason

Longjohn

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello there, Jala:

I have the Arcam rDAC wireless and I personally am rather fond of it, although I normally connect it to my HTPC via a USB cable. In this mode, it's an excellent performer, and you rarely feel that it's diminishing the quality of the music in any way.

In wireless mode, it is similarly excellent, although I sometimes seem to get 'dropouts' (loss of signal) when I am using wifi at the same time. This happens quite rarely, and is not a serious irritant. I recall reading somewhere that it's best to use a dual band wifi system, so that you can avoid running your wifi at the same frequency as the rDAC wireless.

I think it's a good buy, especially since the price has dropped.

I'm sure other people will have something to say.

Kind regards,

John

jala

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your comments. I think a budget of maybe around £300 the idea would still be to play cd's but every now and then to play music from a phone or laptop.

So it would be something that would boost the sound quality just using the hi fi to play a cd but also something that has the ability to function wirelessly.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts