Best Way To Upgrade?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just was wanting to know the best route to eventually upgrade my whole system.

Currently i have

Cambridge Audio Azur 640a V2 , Cambridge Audio Azur 640c V2 and Monitor Audio BR2 with Soundstyle Z2 stands.

What would be the best way to upgrade this system?

I have approximately £600 at the moment but could afford more if i need to.

Also: I use Cambridge Audio Azur Reference 0.75M Interconnect
and Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 Speaker Cable

A

Anonymous

Personally I would get a better amp first, like the NAD C325BEE/326/525. Then I would get better speakers and stands. I had a CA 540 Azur CD player and thought it was great but sold it to buy a DacMagic as I use my computer as a source. Also what cables you got?

Consider my system below - it sounds ruddy good!

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Starkey:
I just was wanting to know the best route to eventually upgrade my whole system.

Currently i have

Cambridge Audio Azur 640a V2 , Cambridge Audio Azur 640c V2 and Monitor Audio BR2 with Soundstyle Z2 stands.

I think your electronics and cables are fine... the weak link is likely your speakers... I'd upgrade them... or if you have an interest in a music server, then buy a Squeezebox, digital interconnect and a DACmagic....

A

Anonymous

Ajani:Starkey:

Currently i have

I think your electronics and cables are fine... the weak link is likely your speakers... I'd upgrade them... or if you have an interest in a music server, then buy a Squeezebox, digital interconnect and a DACmagic....

Get yourself a Project Debut III Turntable and hit the s/h record stores and buy music!

matthewpiano

What do you most want to change about the sound? What do you feel your current set-up isn't doing for you?

For me, this is where you should always start when planning an upgrade unless part of the system has become unreliable.

A

Anonymous

Personally I think the weak link is the speakers. Upgrading them would give the largest difference.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest that you think about starting with speakers. Balancing the speakers into the room is often the hardest part of getting a system to sound at its best. Given your budget, if you look around for ex dem stuff you would have a wide choice of either standmount or floorstanders to audition.

If you get the speakers right in your room, then the next move would be amps to drive them.

TRENDING THREADS