Best Way To Upgrade?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just was wanting to know the best route to eventually upgrade my whole system.

Currently i have

Cambridge Audio Azur 640a V2 , Cambridge Audio Azur 640c V2 and Monitor Audio BR2 with Soundstyle Z2 stands.

What would be the best way to upgrade this system?

I have approximately £600 at the moment but could afford more if i need to.

Also: I use Cambridge Audio Azur Reference 0.75M Interconnect
and Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 Speaker Cable

A

Anonymous

Personally I would get a better amp first, like the NAD C325BEE/326/525. Then I would get better speakers and stands. I had a CA 540 Azur CD player and thought it was great but sold it to buy a DacMagic as I use my computer as a source. Also what cables you got?

Consider my system below - it sounds ruddy good!

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Starkey:
I just was wanting to know the best route to eventually upgrade my whole system.

Currently i have

Cambridge Audio Azur 640a V2 , Cambridge Audio Azur 640c V2 and Monitor Audio BR2 with Soundstyle Z2 stands.

I think your electronics and cables are fine... the weak link is likely your speakers... I'd upgrade them... or if you have an interest in a music server, then buy a Squeezebox, digital interconnect and a DACmagic....

A

Anonymous

Ajani:Starkey:

Currently i have

I think your electronics and cables are fine... the weak link is likely your speakers... I'd upgrade them... or if you have an interest in a music server, then buy a Squeezebox, digital interconnect and a DACmagic....

Get yourself a Project Debut III Turntable and hit the s/h record stores and buy music!

matthewpiano

What do you most want to change about the sound? What do you feel your current set-up isn't doing for you?

For me, this is where you should always start when planning an upgrade unless part of the system has become unreliable.

A

Anonymous

Personally I think the weak link is the speakers. Upgrading them would give the largest difference.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest that you think about starting with speakers. Balancing the speakers into the room is often the hardest part of getting a system to sound at its best. Given your budget, if you look around for ex dem stuff you would have a wide choice of either standmount or floorstanders to audition.

If you get the speakers right in your room, then the next move would be amps to drive them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts