Best way to stream apple music to Technics SU-G700m2, no DAC required

Jul 9, 2023
Visit site
Dear audiophiles,

I would like to be able to stream music from my phone using Apple Music via wi-fi to Technics SU-G700m2. This amp already has a DAC, therefore I don't want an external DAC. I would like to connect the streaming device to USB input in the amp.

What would be a suitable solution for this?

Thank you.

Dear audiophiles,

I would like to be able to stream music from my phone using Apple Music via wi-fi to Technics SU-G700m2. This amp already has a DAC, therefore I don't want an external DAC. I would like to connect the streaming device to USB input in the amp.

What would be a suitable solution for this?

Thank you.
Your best bet is to connect your phone directly wired to the amp but if it must be wifi I am sure others will be along to offer suggestions
Perhaps something like the iFi Zen Air Blue?

Jul 9, 2023
Visit site
Your best bet is to connect your phone directly wired to the amp but if it must be wifi I am sure others will be along to offer suggestions
Perhaps something like the iFi Zen Air Blue?
I want to make sure I avoid "coloring" of the sound, would iFi Zen Air Blue allow the signal to be transmitted from my phone directly, without involving a DAC?

as286

May 12, 2011
Visit site
You can use any streamer, e.g. Wiim Mini. This will bypass iPhone's internal DAC. Remember, though, you cannot stream lossless from Apple Music
If you want lossless, you need a wired connection.

Last edited:

as286

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I cannot stream lossless from Apple Music via Wi-Fi?
Nope. Even on Apple's own Airplay 2 with Apple Music, the signal will be converted to AAC256. This is not a problem for Qobuz, though, which will happily go to the max (16/44.1) Airplay 2 allows. There are two possibilities, though. One, if you have a Mac and you set your system output to Airplay 2 (i.e. not Airplay from the app). Apple Music will then stream at 16/44.1 to the likes of Node etc. Two, if you have an older Airplay 1 device. They will stream lossless. See more on this problem here.

Reactions: AudioConnoisseur

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts