Best upgrade for a sony s370

goody2

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
I am looking for a nice sounding and good pq bluray player to replace my sony s370 it is getting old ...I want something that is a step up from my current player in terms of video and sound...i was looking at the panasonic players are they better than the sonys? i also what netflix it is a must for me...

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi, i was previously use Sony BDP-S370, now using BDP-S380.

BDP-S380 can play external hard disc in NTFS format.

I afraid to upgrade to newer models than S380 because they must be installed with Cinavia in their firmware. Cinavia is a hidden software that prevent pirated copy from being played using the affected device.

What's the rest of your system like? Have you got a home cinema system or external speakers? For blu ray pictures I haven't found any difference between players at different price points. This is what AV Forums says in all the blu ray player reviews: "Every player should be able to output the content on a Blu-ray disc equally as well over HDMI because it is a digital signal." Sound improvements depends on the rest of your system. Also, what's your budget?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Agreed BB. Upgrading from 360 to 570 for me was of no benefit except connections. Maybe with high range kit but for me, and maybe most, its only about connectivity & features rather than sq or pq. Others may ofcourse disagree

goody2

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your comments i have a home cinema system ..yamaha RX-1067 with monitor audio silver range speakers... my budget is about £150 and i need good streaming services on it..

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Samsung BDPs arguably lead the field in terms of smart features. I agree with the comments above that you won't gain anything in terms of BD sound and picture quality by "upgrading" your current Sony BDP.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I use a 370 in my setup. If you have a decent AVR, which you do, and you bitstream from your BDP then there will be nothing to gain in terms of SQ. As others have said, blu ray PQ will be identical whatever the BDP. There may be minor differences in DVD upscaling if that is important to you but the differences won't be great.

I'm not sure I'd use any BDP for streaming. I use Sonos for that. You could get an ATV as a cheap and convenient solution.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts