Best Tv deal at 46 plus level?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Hugely confused by all the manufacturers' deals and different models within models! Why all the long numbers!

I'm after an LCD tv for my lounge, from 46 inches to about the 50's max. I'm not after advice on size, distance from the tv etc. please.

I am after a great deal for a top rate, 5 star type tv in the £1000 - £1500 bracket.

Use will be with a Virgin V+ (main viewing source) box, blue ray, and maybe internet sourced films.

Aims: to get something that wont date, that will not be the most expensive, but will be reliable and at a good price. I've been recommended Sonys, Toshs, and like the look of the Samsung on offer at John Lewis (L46M something?).

What is the market leading piece of brilliance that falls into this category! Help!

A

Anonymous

Thanks... But I'm really after an LCD. For some reason, I just don't want a plasma! Power, mainly, and my wife. She can't be turned!

So... it has to be lcd's please.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah well - don't say we didn't tell you!

Our favourite 46in LCDs are the Samsung LE46F86BD and the Sony KDL-46X3500 - and the 47in Philips 47PFL9632D is also an excellent set.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks.

How does the Samsung F86 differ drom the M86... in practical terms on screen (not the spec sheets)?.

A side by side look doesn't really help me work that out?!

The

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
This is one case where the specs do make sense: the F86 is the upgrade model from the M86. It's got better contrast. motion-handling and sound (there's two integrated subwoofers) for starters, plus offers 24fps support if you're planning to add a Blu-ray player at any stage (that'll help motion-handling yet further).

A

Anonymous

choosing LCD over Plasma at this size.... enjoy the motion trailing...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="SAP7"]

Thanks... But I'm really after an LCD. For some reason, I just don't want a plasma! Power, mainly, and my wife. She can't be turned!

So... it has to be lcd's please.

[/quote]

Change the wife and go for Plasma!

Panny 46PZ80, out in May, £1300??

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matthew s"]choosing LCD over Plasma at this size.... enjoy the motion trailing...[/quote]

LE46F86 here, I have no idea what you are on about.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Eddiewood"][quote user="matthew s"]choosing LCD over Plasma at this size.... enjoy the motion trailing...[/quote]

LE46F86 here, I have no idea what you are on about.[/quote]

have a look at this article...

http://www.plasma-lcd-facts.co.uk/facts/response/

... It explains the difference between plasma and lcd response times (and hence motion trailing) and the site dispels a few myths about plasma.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="Eddiewood"][quote user="matthew s"]choosing LCD over Plasma at this size.... enjoy the motion trailing...[/quote] LE46F86 here, I have no idea what you are on about.[/quote] have a look at this article... http://www.plasma-lcd-facts.co.uk/facts/response/ ... It explains the difference between plasma and lcd response times (and hence motion trailing) and the site dispels a few myths about plasma.[/quote]
I've just re-read your post and you weren't asking for info, you were telling us about the Samsung - doh!
Never mind - the info may be useful to others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts