Best Speakers for the Marantz M-CR603?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello! Would the Q Acoustics 2020i be a good match for the Marantz M-CR603? Or would I need to spend more on speakers to get the most out of the Marantz M-CR603? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Just to add, I've read the review that recommends the Dali Zensor 1s. And I think another review that recommended the Monitor Audio Bronze BX2.

Are these speakers a superior match versus the Q Acoustics 2020i for the M-CR603?

Which would be the "best"?

Thank you.

matthewpiano

To get the 'best' out of the Marantz unit, you would need to look at something like the PMC DB1i at many times the price you are talking of spending.

However, something like the MA BX2 would work superbly well and give you a good level of performance. If you can stretch to the RX1 or some Rega RS1s you will get even more out of it but you need to audition these combinations to see what works best for you.

seakingadvice said:
Hello! Would the Q Acoustics 2020i be a good match for the Marantz M-CR603?

Hello Seakingadvice,

The simple answer to your original question is an emphatic Yes! The Q Acoustics 2020i loudspeakers will work beautifully with the Marantz.

best regards,

Steve Reichert - PR Manager, Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

A

Anonymous

I found the RX1s worked well but, as always, you really need to audition for yourself.

A

Anonymous

New Dali Zensor 1's with it or my old Morden Short MS100's (weigh a ton, but I like them) ?

A

Anonymous

Hi. I had MA BR2 connected to my 603 but wasn't very happy with overal sound performance.

I wanted something punchier, dynamic and clear. I narrowed my selection to Rega Rs1 and Focal 706v.

At the end I went for Focals in piano black and can't recommend them enough!

Btw, I love my Marantz even though Airplay could be temperamental at times.

Rob

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the Marantz M-CR 603 to go in a small home office.

Would a pair of Monitor Audio Radius 90hd speakers be any good? I guess I would need a subwoofer, too?

Welcome your thoughts, thanks.

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I know Chebby on here has one (I think). He uses Rega RS3s I think. Though I imagine he will have looked at a few on his travels. Perhaps a new thread directed at him? Do doubt he'll find it on his own of course . .

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If it hadn't been for my Rega R3s coming available (at a very good price in mint condition from a friend here) then I would have bought either Monitor Audio RX1s, RX2s or Castle Knight 2s.

That's not to say any of those are 'best'.

I try not to personally recommend equipment any more. (Especially the M-CR603 and/or speakers to go with it.)

WHF? tested the M-CR603 very successfully with Boston Acoustics A26s so they are an option to try out. Gramophone magazine successfully tested the M-CR603 with PMC DB1s (and GB1s) so DB1is should be worth trying if your budget will stretch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts