Best Speakers for the amps

Kawal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Needs some advice. I am looking to purchase either a Naim Unity Atom OR the combo Cambridge Audio CX81 and Cambridge Audio Streamer CXN (V2). What type of bookshelf speakers would compliment these two systems. Advice on the best speaker cable would also be appreciated
Regards
KS

Gray

Suggestions will follow. You must listen to decide.
If it was me I think it would be the CA combo.
Speakers would be on stands (not any shelf).
Cables: I'd make my own using minimum 2.5mm pure copper conductors and gold plated banana plugs.
Alternatively, when buying the system, a dealer may be happy to provide cables at no extra charge.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 116933

Hi all,
Needs some advice. I am looking to purchase either a Naim Unity Atom OR the combo Cambridge Audio CX81 and Cambridge Audio Streamer CXN (V2). What type of bookshelf speakers would compliment these two systems. Advice on the best speaker cable would also be appreciated
Regards
KS

The saying, how long is a piece of string, comes to mind.

Tbh that's a very big question, and there's normally a budget involved. Size limitations so and so forth

If it were me, id go and listen to speakers you like the look of and then pair the amp/streamer combo to them rather then the other way round

You may find your speaker selection doesn't like either combo.

You have your usual suspects KEF B&W PMC and Cambridge's own speakers

Id look at revel (if budget allows), Klipsch and neat

D

Deleted member 188533

If it were me, id go and listen to speakers you like the look of and then pair the amp/streamer combo to them rather then the other way round

I agree with this. It's just backwards to me to match speakers to an amp.

Kawal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Suggestions will follow. You must listen to decide.
If it was me I think it would be the CA combo.
Speakers would be on stands (not any shelf).
Cables: I'd make my own using minimum 2.5mm pure copper conductors and gold plated banana plugs.
Alternatively, when buying the system, a dealer may be happy to provide cables at no extra charge.
Many thanks

Reactions: Al ears and Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts