Question Best speakers for small room

Hi,

Would like to receive some recommendations for hifi speakers. Room size (3m x 3.5m)
As Al ears has said, we need more information, such as:

Budget?
Standmounters or floorstanders? If it's the former you need to budget for a pair of solid stands or wall brackets
What amp do you have?
Is the room furnished with carpets or hard floors/laminate?
Is your preference new or used speakers?

liagas

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
room is furnished with carpets. budget arnd 950USD.standmounters. am also in search for an amp. if it helps total budget for amp & speakers arnd USD 2100

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
room is furnished with carpets. budget arnd 950USD.standmounters. am also in search for an amp. if it helps total budget for amp & speakers arnd USD 2100

Audition together if you can.

Amp

I personally i quit like Rotel/NAD. But Bluesound power node is really good. Surprisingly good in fact. But there are many options if you're willing to go second hand there are some really really good options for that sort of money.

Speakers

Really all i can say is pick what looks good and that you can live with and then audition those. They all sound good these days, TBH its more about your room than the speaker.

I'd also spend the most on the amp with the feature set you want. Ie does it need streaming functionality, inbuilt dac, room correction, HDMI the list goes on! that will really narrow your field by quite some margin. There are only a few with all that on board.

I don't know how costs compare to the UK but I would suggest, based on the info you've given:

Arcam or NAD or Roksan amp with Totem speakers, which are built in Canada. Supply of Totems should be plentiful. The UK only only has a few retailers of Totems.

No idea, though, of US prices. Can't say if that falls within your budget

Cannot comment on amp until we know what your sources are likely to be.
I would suggest you may get away with small floorstanders as, if you want to do standmount speakers justice you are going to have to spend a fair bit of your budget on stands.
You mentioned US dollars but where in the world are you?
If you must have standmounts I would be looking for something that is front -ported like second-hand Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Last edited:

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello and Hi! How big is the room that fits the wharefedall Diamond 12.3 ? What is the minimum size? In meters please.
Why this specification is never there? It is very important to scale new speakres to the room size. I Think every review must tell the readers what the minimum and the maximum size of room may fit to the speakers on report. The words small medium and large soes not say anything because it is different from one person to another.

aversaurus

There not made anymore you would have to pick a pair up from a well known selling site .
They were hand made .
They are a amazing small speaker well worth looking for .In a small room I've never heard a speaker that can present a stereo image and full sound stage as well .

Reactions: Al ears

robdmarsh

Not in my experience. I remember being curious about 15 years ago to try these out and see how things had progressed over my 1994 Celestion 3 mkii. The short version is that they hadn't (judging by this speaker).
It just sounded boxy and disappointing compared to the Celestions. But then again it took 3 more trials of other speakers to find something to beat these (the Celestions I mean). And that was the Elac debut b5, wonderful budget bookshelf speakers. Oh and btw, these were better than the b5.2 imho.

Reactions: Al ears

JoeSoap

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
The most amazing small speakers I ever heard were Linn Kan, based on the LS3/5a design they were perfect for small spaces. They were the most musical sounding small speakers I ever heard. They needed high end amplification and source though.

What the nearest thing is today, if there's anything, I don't know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts