Best speakers for Roksan Kandy series

axisphere

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi ya,

My old Cambridge audio 350CD player died the other day and I have now replaced my CD player with Roksans K2 CD player. My system currently is:

Roksan Kandy K1 AMP (2002 model)

Roksan Kandy K2 CD (2011 model)

Origin Live 150 Watt floorstanders (? date, around 10 years old)

Im thinking the bottleneck in my system is probably the speakers and being a quite unknown brand im finding it hard to think of a replacement, I have a quite small lounge now and sit about 7 foot from my speakers, even though pretty powerful and musical they suit a much bigger room as treble can get a little much and the bass can drown the music.

Can anybody recommend some nice speakers that will give me a little bit of punch to Rock and Metal and the odd bit of classical? I was thinking that moving to shelf speakers may be the way forward.

Price will be up to £500

Thanks for any recommendations

axisphere said:
Hi ya,

My old Cambridge audio 350CD player died the other day and I have now replaced my CD player with Roksans K2 CD player. My system currently is:

Roksan Kandy K1 AMP (2002 model)

Roksan Kandy K2 CD (2011 model)

Origin Live 150 Watt floorstanders (? date, around 10 years old)

Im thinking the bottleneck in my system is probably the speakers and being a quite unknown brand im finding it hard to think of a replacement, I have a quite small lounge now and sit about 7 foot from my speakers, even though pretty powerful and musical they suit a much bigger room as treble can get a little much and the bass can drown the music.

Can anybody recommend some nice speakers that will give me a little bit of punch to Rock and Metal and the odd bit of classical? I was thinking that moving to shelf speakers may be the way forward.

Price will be up to £500

Thanks for any recommendations

Hi

Not familiar with your current speakers. However, you'll get a bigger punch from floorstanders.

Monitor Audio RS6 can be had for around £350-£400 mark. Alternatively, go for s/hand Totem Arro. I've seen a couple of pairs go for about £400 mark - wonderful speaker. Another good match for Roksans are Kef IQ5SE, likewise B&W 684s.

T

the record spot

Why not see if you can get some of Roksan's own K2 standmounts on an ex-dem or sale? They're £749 new so £500 won't be out of the question perhaps.

A

Anonymous

Forgive me for disagreeing with your input, PP, but I auditioned the earlier Kandy with MA RS6s and it took the paint off the walls and boiled my coffee. At the time the dealer suggested swapping out for the Rotel RA03 to get things back into balance. So in my experience I wouldn't recommend the RS6s. The amp worked much more succesfully with the KEF IQ5 or 7.

Now a nice pair of PMC DB1 or GB1 would be ideal.

PMC GB1 - these are the earliers ones, not the i model. The latter have a better tweeter but for the price!

igglebert said:
Forgive me for disagreeing with your input, PP, but I auditioned the earlier Kandy with MA RS6s and it took the paint off the walls and boiled my coffee. At the time the dealer suggested swapping out for the Rotel RA03 to get things back into balance. So in my experience I wouldn't recommend the RS6s. The amp worked much more succesfully with the KEF IQ5 or 7.

Now a nice pair of PMC DB1 or GB1 would be ideal.

PMC GB1 - these are the earliers ones, not the i model. The latter have a better tweeter but for the price!

No probs, Iggs. I know from hearing the LIII at home a couple of years ago the RS6s, in many respects, sounded really impressive. The only slight gripette I had was with certain styles of music they could sound a little "in ya chops", but I've put that down to the size of my living room.

The PMCs you mentioned are very impressive, however, the original GBs are few and far between.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts