Best Speaker package for Pioneer VSX920 amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I need advice on best speaker package for the Pioneer VSX920 amp. I am more into movies than music. I was investigating the Bose AM10 however lot of retailers discouraged me and advised to look for KEF or B&W.

Please advise

thanks,

Suchen

A

Anonymous

Hi

depending on your budget have a think about an MK package if its for movies, there really is nothing quite like them imho to get you immersed into the action

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The most important thing is that YOU like the sound of the speakers, not anyone else. You may have size or visual restrictions on what's allowed in the room. If that's not the case and only sound matters, it's a case of choosing a package which firstly works with your amplifier, and secondly, you like the sound of.

If you really want as small as you can get, then y all means check out the Bose. If they perform to your expectations, then purchase them - they will work with your amplifier. If you're curious about what else is out there, or feel you can do better than the Bose package, listen to a few more - if music is important, take some CD's along, as is will show up any speaker's shortcomings more so than any film soundtrack.

The KEF KHT2005 and KHT3005's will work well with your amp - they're not hard loads. If ou want something better, particularly for music, try Monitor Audio's Radius R90HD package. Again, not an awkward load, and will work well with your amplifier. You could also look out for KEF's new T series - the T105 is a great sounding package, and they're currently the thinnest speakers in the world, and will hang unobtrusively on your wall.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:The most important thing is that YOU like the sound of the speakers, not anyone else. You may have size or visual restrictions on what's allowed in the room. If that's not the case and only sound matters, it's a case of choosing a package which firstly works with your amplifier, and secondly, you like the sound of. If you really want as small as you can get, then y all means check out the Bose. If they perform to your expectations, then purchase them - they will work with your amplifier. If you're curious about what else is out there, or feel you can do better than the Bose package, listen to a few more - if music is important, take some CD's along, as is will show up any speaker's shortcomings more so than any film soundtrack. The KEF KHT2005 and KHT3005's will work well with your amp - they're not hard loads. If ou want something better, particularly for music, try Monitor Audio's Radius R90HD package. Again, not an awkward load, and will work well with your amplifier. You could also look out for KEF's new T series - the T105 is a great sounding package, and they're currently the thinnest speakers in the world, and will hang unobtrusively on your wall.

ive got this amp too and looking for a speaker system, been thinking monitor audio radius or bx2 and the b&w mt25/30, david your the nearest place i know that stocks all ive been looking at, do i have to book in advance for a demo?

suchen good look with your search if i get to demo these soon i ll post my thoughts

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
pioneere:ive got this amp too and looking for a speaker system, been thinking monitor audio radius or bx2 and the b&w mt25/30, david your the nearest place i know that stocks all ive been looking at, do i have to book in advance for a demo?
As a secondary system, I use a 920 with a BR5 package - works great! But then, I have used the BR5av pack with an SCLX82 - very surprising how good the BR5 package can sound. The BX5 package will sound a bit better - a little more detailed.

D

Deleted member 2457

suchen:

Hi,

I need advice on best speaker package for the Pioneer VSX920 amp. I am more into movies than music. I was investigating the Bose AM10 however lot of retailers discouraged me and advised to look for KEF or B&W.

Please advise

thanks,

Suchen

I do believe what hi fi recommended it with the B&W 685 speaker package once

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/BandW-685-Theatre/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts