Denon AV Amp AVC-A10SE + Denon Power Amp POA-T10

Sony DVD player DVP-S735D

Sky+ HD

Sony PS3

Nintendo Wii

Sony LED KDL-46X2000

Apple Ipod

Kenwood Sub SW-700

Speakers M&K K7 for front left, centre, right & M&K K4 tri-poles for souround left, souround right, souround backs left & souround back rights.

I have connected the PS3 to the tv using the QED Performance HDMI and to the Denon amp using digital optical and the Sky+ HD is connected to the tv using QED Performance HDMI and to the amp using IXos digital optical, the dvd & Wii via Ixos component, the ipod is connected to the amp via audio left & right connections, the DVD is connected using Ixos Coax connection, speaker cables are QED Silver Anniversary XT.

I very happy with this set up, I would like to update the amp or sub one day, but in this current climent, I will have to wait.

My question is this how can I get True HD Audio from the PS3 Blu-ray player?

A

Anonymous

Is there a connection cable available from the PS3 to the six channel decoder on the amp, perhaps this is the downfall of the PS3 that it has not got an onboard 6 channel decoder

A

Anonymous

As the HDMI is used for the TV to get 1080i is there an converter connection to convert a single HDMI lead into 2 output video (TV) & 6 channel to the amp.

Perhaps QED/Ixos could mack this lead as I'm sure there must be more people out there with this problem.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm not aware of anything, but I'm pretty sure you'd need more than just a cable since the output of the HDMI would be digital and the input required from the multichannel sockets would be analogue. So my guess would be you would need some sort of DAC box which accepted multichannel PCM via HDMI and was able to then convert this to the necessary analogue signals which could then be output via standard 6 or 8 channel sockets.

Again, I'm not aware of anything like that, probably because the market for it would be very small I'd imagine.

EDIT - and I think saying it's the downfall of the PS3 is a bit farfetched. The PS3 is first and foremost a games console remember. The fact it also plays Blu-Rays (as well as all its other media capabilities) should really be seen as a plus rather than a negative on what it doesn't do.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your help in this matter, I was not putting the PS3 down, I was simply saying if Sony could have fitted the six channel decorder it would have covered all options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts