best reciever for driving monitor audio rs6 silver av package.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking to purchase a reciever for rs6 speaker package looking at onkyo txsr875 denon 3808 and yamaha rxv1800 sound quality is priorty over upconversion ,any suggestions would be welcome,any guys out there with monitor audio speakers and what recievers they are using to drive them.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have the Onkyo 905 and RS6 Speakers (plus centre). WOW! Great sound. I have ot be honest though I am relatively new to all this so there might be someone who has owned different speakers who can help you better.

Andrew Everand, on a seperate post, did say that a receiver such as yours can really benefit from some serious speakers such as PMC-although I believe these are not cheap.

A

Anonymous

hi thanks for replying ,so you recommend the onkyo,the 905 the 875 looks similar spec i have full rs package and my reciever is only a budget ,cannot wait to replace it .if you have rs6 and centre i would recommend getting rear fx speakers and definitly rsw12 subwoofer this has to be heard to belive a real beast you would get a good discount now, i got rsw12 and a pair of rsfx for around £700 they retail at £1100 i still like look of denon 3808 will have to see some reviews first though.i also got a onkyo 7355 cd player new version retails at around £200,good sound great build quality,got it from germany on website for £120 including delivery by ups.

A

Anonymous

I had to wait 15 weeks for my Onkyo (and I had no amp as I sold my existing one). It really is gorgeous-my wife thinks I'm really sad (probably right). It also looks great-many have said it's ugly but I think it looks the part.

I would love to buy the fx speakers but I have already spent about 5k including rack so will have to rest for a while, although the price you have given is tempting but what with Christmas and all that.....My sub is a rel and again I will go for the model you recommend when funds allow.

I have heard that the 875 has all you will need except networking capability and some other minor things so there isn't (IMO) much difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts