Best Micro Systems

BEDROCK

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello, was wondering what is best between these 2 in terms of value for money and performance...

Pioneer X-P01 DAB

http://www.whathifi.com/review/pioneer-x-p01-dab

Denon D-M39DAB

http://www.whathifi.com/review/denon-d-m39dab

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Read the Pioneer review and you see this...

"The Pioneer X-P01 is worlds apart from smaller traditional micro systems like the Denon D-M39 DAB., our 2012 System Product of the Year. You might expect that for a £200 difference, but the Pioneer represents a sizeable jump in sound quality"

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
You might want to take reviews like that with a pinch of salt, as new products always seem to be leaps and bounds ahead of last years darlings.

'Worlds apart' suggests to me that either the DM39 is quite poor or that the Pioneer holds its own in the mid range hifi category. Neither are particularly likely.

If you are going to spend nearer the £550 mark, then also consider the Marantz CR603 and some of the TEAC range.

I'm sure whatever product you choose, you are unlikely to find a duffer.

BEDROCK

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I would rather have everything included in the system than search and match other parts like speakers.

I also don't want to spend much more than that and would like everything in one box so to speak.

utomo

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Pioneer X-P01 DAB Watt is bigger,

Denon D-M39DAB only 2x 30 w, Which I think too small.

But also look at Pioneer
AGAINSTLimited features that cater to more traditional needs[/list]
There are no bells and whistles like wireless streaming and Bluetooth, although we suspect that this could be available on the in-progress network player unit. If you want to plug in your TV, Blu-ray player and a games console, this is not the system for you.

I hope denon and Onkyo release new version with bigger watt and also more features and improve the sound quality

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts