BEST INTERCONNECT FOR MARANTZ KI LITES

skipper

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.Any suggestions on the best interconnect between Marantz KI Pearl Lites with B&W 684 Speakers?Will the QED Performance Audio 2 cable be sufficient or should I spend a bit more?

Skipper

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
....... :rofl: ..... wow Rick @ Musicraft...do you compare interconnects in your shop. If not you should.

Try the QED performance 2 - its got good seperation and great frequency range cost about 40 english pounds. Ask if you can audition them in the shop. Bring your freebie cables. Then decide if its worth the spend.

Hi Thompsonuxb

Fwiw, i also use basic interconnects between a Chord Electronics QBD76 & a Plinius Hiato, Densen B-420 XS & B-175 Plus, etc. and at the moment i've got a system playing in the background which consists of a Plinius Odean connected to Monitor Audio's Platinum PL300AV speaker system using just standard 79 & 500 strand OFC speaker cables :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I recommend chord chamelon silver plus or some kimber timbre or pbj or Nordost Blue heavens. With that level of quality of equipment I would use more than just basic interconnects.

Cheers

Steve.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Thompsonuxb

Fwiw, i also use basic interconnects between a Chord Electronics QBD76 & a Plinius Hiato, Densen B-420 XS & B-175 Plus, etc. and at the moment i've got a system playing in the background which consists of a Plinius Odean connected to Monitor Audio's Platinum PL300AV speaker system using just standard 79 & 500 strand OFC speaker cables :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A man with his feet firmly on the ground . . . :)

CJSF

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Thompsonuxb

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Sorry for dragging this back up but I'm curious.

Rick do you choose to use cheap interconnects or do you genuinly hear no difference between cables, or do you hear the difference but don't consider the gains worth the spend. I know we all have our 'own' ways of listening and hearing our music. But thats alot of spend on equ with what looks like not wanting to get the best from them.

whats your story?

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I use qed qunex 1,2 and 3 version of it with my marantz pm8003 and then i tried chord crimson .All of them had very little impact on my system and were similar ( could not tell a difference )

Then i bought second hand qed audio s and that was it ! Ever since i can't get rid of them , they're soooo good!

It is up to you what you do in the end , but worth spending time on finding what is best for you.

Thompsonuxb said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Thompsonuxb

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Rick do you choose to use cheap interconnects or do you genuinly hear no difference between cables, or do you hear the difference but don't consider the gains worth the spend. I know we all have our 'own' ways of listening and hearing our music. But thats alot of spend on equ with what looks like not wanting to get the best from them.

whats your story?

Hi Thompsonuxb

Keep it simple and your components/system will breathe. Simple is best :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Thompsonuxb said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Thompsonuxb

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

whats your story?

Hi Thompsonuxb

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Trying not to sound confrontational....... but that makes no sense, before I discovered the wonders of a decent intercoonect I was happy to be 'dissatisfied' never really feeling my music and not really knowing why ( I actually sit and listen to my music, its not background noise).

I can understand some really not being able to hear differences and others liking a certain sound from their system. In the same way some people are colour blind or hate the colour yellow, but I'm flabbergasted you have a shop and would take such a stance when interconnects can make a good system a great one.

Honestly this is not in any way confrontational, I'm curious.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Cypher said:
I tried several cables in the past and they all sound the same to me.

Ever heard of the term psychoacoustics ?

http://www.sound-remedies.com/psyc.html

I read the piece, interesting article......NOT!

Actually its about frequencies I think and thats how interconnects affect music to me, some are more dynamic some more low end and so on. Did you use to listen to music really loud as a young person, could explain alot....I joke...I joke.

Thompsonuxb said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Thompsonuxb said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Thompsonuxb

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

whats your story?

Hi Thompsonuxb

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Trying not to sound confrontational....... but that makes no sense, before I discovered the wonders of a decent intercoonect I was happy to be 'dissatisfied' never really feeling my music and not really knowing why ( I actually sit and listen to my music, its not background noise).

I can understand some really not being able to hear differences and others liking a certain sound from their system. In the same way some people are colour blind or hate the colour yellow, but I'm flabbergasted you have a shop and would take such a stance when interconnects can make a good system a great one.

Honestly this is not in any way confrontational, I'm curious.

Hi Thompsonuxb

Keep it simple and your components/system will breathe. Simple is best. Save your time and your money :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts