Best fixed screen? for IN82

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have a budget of £4000 max £5000.

Decided on InFocus IN82, which i can get for £2500 with free receiver Onkyo TX-SR605 or pay an extra £500 to upgrade to the Onkyo TX-SR875???

Speakers i plan to buy are the KEF KHT3005SE. 7.1 for just over £1200

But what is the best value fixed screen i can get??

Room is dark even during the day. Pitch black at night.
Sit between 9ft to 12ft away, ( depending on the couch position.)

Is it worth while spending the extra £500 for the Onkyo TX-SR875??
As its a small room, plus i only watch movies late at night. Cant play it loud!

Or should i keep the money for a better fixed screen???

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The bigger Onkyo isn't just about going louder - it delivers more detail in low-level scenes, too, plus excellent video processing (even better upscaling than the IN82 itself). £3000 for the Infocus and the 875 is a total steal!

Re screen - I sit @11ft away from an 80in fixed screen (using the IN82) and that's plenty big enough from that distance. You may find even that too much - your projector supplier should be able to demonstrate the different sizes.

However, I don't have a totally dark room most of the time, so my fixed screen is a high-gain design (Planar X-Screen), which wouldn't suit your set-up.

CSE Solutions, who distribute InFocus, offer a range of other screen options, though - with so many styles on offer, it'd be hard (especially as we haven't done a screen test lately) to single one out.

Sorry if not being too helpful - have been felled by rotten cold!

A

Anonymous

Dear Claire

Thank you for quick reply. Same as yourself been felled by rotten cold! My sympathies to you.

Sold me on the 875 with the upscaling alone, plus more detail in the low level scenes added to it, thank you
emotion-1.gif

Im buying this deal off the net. So cant see projector n screen in harmony
emotion-7.gif

Could do a dirty and waste a sales man's time, by going into a local shop
emotion-10.gif

Thanks for the screen size. Bigger IS better!

Off to check your "solotions" web site after this email.

Can't wait to watch Lost in HD, finally get to watch The Pirates of the Caribbean on Blu-ray. In Full HD on a 80inch screen.
Thanks for your time, wishing you a speedy recovery.

A

Anonymous

Hi DoB,
I am really interested where you found this deal. I am looking at the IN82 and had allocated £3000 for the projector alone (not including the cashback offer). If the deal is really offering the Onkyo and in82 for the same price then I think I would be stupid to ignore it.

Rather than post in the thread, feel free to contact me at seldom.here@devspar.com

On the screen front, I have yet to audition the IN82 (this weekend may be used for that). From trawling through various sites and reviews, it seems most people are happier with a 0.8 gain screen if you have good light control or a 1.3 if light control is not too great, however, dark room + 1.3 gain + IN82 on full throttle = need for sunglasses.

As I said, I have yet to test this out myself. I have been looking at various screens from DaLite, Stewart, Lumene and Beamax. So far the Beamax is in front for price (and the website is so much better than the others mentioned).

I had the tape measure out last night working out how big a screen I can accommodate and after some stupid moments of madness involving me thinking I could get rid of most of the furniture in the living room and get a full wall screen (thankfully the missus was there to reign me back in), eventually got pulled back to reality and decided 80" is just about right for the room.

Let me know what you go for in the end.

A

Anonymous

Hi Seldom,

Did you ever get the site with the deal for the IN82 & Onkyo.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

great as Beamax and grandview screens are, be in no doubt that Stewartscreens are arguably the best in the world along with draper. not cheap though. the 875 is def the one to go for, i used to run it with a in76 before i got my denon 4308. you will love your set up, watching tv through my pioneer 428xd is not the same after a movie on the pj and 92" screen

A

Anonymous

Hi there can you please tell me where you can but the IN82 for £2500 inc free Onkyo 605?? Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts