Best Equipment Rack for Cyrus gear

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Noticed theres a lot of the narrow wooden cyrus-style equipment stands for sale on Ebay and wondered if anyone had bought one? - if so, whats it like? - does the CD sound good?

I see in What Hifi Magazine they do not seem to have reviewed a small equipment rack, one of the size which would ideally acommodate a cyrus system, so I am bit lost on what to get.

I don't really want to fork out on a larger stand like Atacama Equinox as I am a bit short of space as the TV and AV gear is using the same alcove!! - And do not really want to mix the two on the same stand.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
If you do believe that the expensive racks can improved sound then go for Henley design, if you believe that rack doesn't need to be expensive as long as your CD player sitting level and well isolated then Gale stands from Richer sound would do it.

A

Anonymous

keeping your equipment leveled and on a solid surface is vital but i dont belive in investing small fortune in it

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've just ordered one from hifiracks.co.uk, the seller on eBay. He's tailoring it to fit my Arcams perfectly and I've gone for solid shelf rather than the funny T design that he shows. He's also staining it to a colour I chose, and for 5 shelf rack inc postage it's £280 in oak finish. Should get it in 2 weeks so I will post what I think.

He seems like a nice guy and is very willing to help. He's a cabinet maker by trade and has Cyrus equipment himself.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The first one got damaged in transit, and no quibbles made me another and delivered it. It's perfect. Also nice to deal with a decent human being who's interested in hifi rather than an automaton from Dixons...

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Pleased to hear it. I, too, on your recommendation ordered a made to measure oak rack with solid shelves for my new Cyrus equipment plus vintage LP12 TT.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I listened using the new rack last night and the sonic differences are noticeable. Very pleased, tighter bass and more detail throughout.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts