Best DAC for NAIM Nait XS

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have posted and read other threads about DAC's and especially the DacMagic from Cambridge. Thats the one I'm using now with my Cambridge BD650 as transport.

As I have written elsewhere I feel the DacMagic isn't up to par with my Nait XS, and since I can't afford Naim's own DAC I'm looking for an alternative. I guess the Firestone Spitfire, Arcam rDAC and the like is to close to the DM in performance, so what about Musical Fidelity M1? Will that do the trick?

A

Anonymous

Hi I'm using a Beresford Caiman Dac with the Nait XS and it gives my CD5X a run for its money sonically.

I'd like to know how much more I'd need to spend on a Dac upgrade before I hear a real vfm difference.

The Rega Dac, Benchmark are going to be in that ball park I suspect

NAIT XS, FLATCAP XS, CD5X, SPENDOR A6, CAIMAN

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Magnum Opus:The Rega Dac, Benchmark are going to be in that ball park I suspect

The Rega DAC is an unknown until it's launched. (Probably end of November at least.)

However, it is basically an uprated version of the Saturn DAC with some bits (and some topology) from the Isis too.

The whole Rega DAC spec is printed towards the bottom of this page. (Presumably copied from a Rega product flyer that Audio-T have been given.)

Given that Rega CD players are a pretty good 'fit' with Naim, then the Rega DAC may be worth waiting for. (Especially at £499 compared to Benchmark prices.)

A

Anonymous

emotion-6.gif
chebby:

canuck2:Would Naim dac improve the sound of my 5x ?

Only if it is a CD5XS (The CD5X doesn't have a digital output.)

A shame , is'nt it ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts