Question Best CD player and amplifier for Monitor Audio Pl500 II

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
OP - in all probability a dedicated engine ie. a power amplifier is likely to be a better bet to help get on top of and firmly grip, drive and energise the PL500II's. In this respect Pass Laboratories X250.8 paired and fed with an EMM Labs/Meitner Audio MA3 and a Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 respectively should give the overall system the power and quality presented in the "rich, soft and emotional sound with a lot of details" that you're looking for.

Reactions: Lalila

Lalila

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
OP - in all probability a dedicated engine ie. a power amplifier is likely to be a better bet to help get on top of and firmly grip, drive and energise the PL500II's. In this respect Pass Laboratories X250.8 paired and fed with an EMM Labs/Meitner Audio MA3 and a Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 respectively should give the overall system the power and quality presented in the "rich, soft and emotional sound with a lot of details" that you're looking for.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Zakhele

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, need some help. Here I have a Roksan Caspian M2 series player and 2 amplifiers and appr 10 y.o Monitor Audio Platinum floor speakers. And I am really satisfied with the rich and emotional sound they are delivering.
Now there is an opportunity to buy Platinum 500 II series MA speakers and I am looking for a cd player and amplifier that can be paired with them. Roksan still seems like a good choice, but may be I can step up and choose something with even better sound and level?
Looking for something with rich, soft and emotional sound with a lot of details. Not interested in good quality but sterile sound. Please give me some ideas what to look at! Luxman? T+A? I do not know where to start… Mainly listen to jazz, old rock and classic music.
Marantz PM10 and Marantz SA10
or
Primaluna Evo 400 and Marantz SA10

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts