Best buy cables for the system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the following system:
B&W 685 (speakers) + FS700 (speaker stands) + NAD C355BEE (integrated amplifier) +
Marantz DV7001 (Universal player) + Denon TU-1800 DAB (stereo tuner) + Panasonic 32 TX-LZD85F (LCD TV).
I am looking for the cables for this system, something like BEST BUY. Any suggestions?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

My intention is to buy QUNEX HDMI-P between LCD and DVD. For audio interconnects I am not sure , maybe van den Hul, Chord... And for speaker cables: Silver Anniversary XT Bi-wire, Chord or Kimber... The whole budget is from 200 to 250 pounds.

Don Guess

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Here's what I reckon:

Audio interconnect - NVA Sound Cord - £10 - fantastic value for money - look on Ebay.. You'd have to spend loads more to get anywhere near it imho..

Speaker cable - Van Damme Blue Series 2.5mm or 4mm. No more than £3 per metre.

I don't know anything about TVs so no recommendation from me..

Spend what you've saved on CDs!...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I have Van Damme (look up soundstable on ebay) 4mm speaker wire, and Van Damme XLR stereo pair, and a gotham interconnect.

This connects a £1300 amp to £900 speakers, and a £500 DAC + squeezebox.

I think with these latest crop of 'budget' interconnects you have cables that are as good as ones costing many times more if sourced from a typical dealer.
Maybe you can beat them, but you could take a punt at the prices...

Gotham GAC-1 £10
Van Damme 4mm multistrand OFC £3/m

I tested the QED SA, and although initially pleasing, I found it was robbing some bass from the overall sound. The far thicker (and cheaper) Van Damme, imo beats it comfortably.

Again. I would say take a punt, save yourself some money, and if it doesn't feel right, try and get some demo cables from a friendly dealer, to compare. (that's what I have done)

A

Anonymous

Thanks fr0g
emotion-5.gif
. Any additional comments/advice are appreciated...

A

Anonymous

I have found out that van den Hul the Name should be good enough as an audio interconnect and I will probably try it. But for speaker cables I am not sure (I am planning to try Kimber and maybe QED SA BiWire XT).
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

One more question. What about Chord cables?

Chameleon Silver Plus as an interconnect and Chord Rumour as a speaker cable.

matthewpiano

Seriously, try the Van Damme or Gotham cables. I'm using Van Damme Blue rca to 5-pin din, terminated with neutrik plugs, between my CD and amp and its superb.

Chord make very good interconnect cables but I wouldn't change from my Van Damme.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. In Croatia is a bit hard to get to Van Damme or Gotham cables.

A

Anonymous

I ordered Chord Chameleon Silver Plus (about 80 pounds 1m) yesterday and waiting to come...

I let you know about the result.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

I need help. On Chord cables is offered a very good discount. I don't know which one to choose for speaker cables (between NAD C355BEE and B&W 685). The options are: Chord

Odyssey 2, Chord Odyssey 4 Bi Wire, Chord Rumour 2 and Chord

Rumour 4 Bi Wire. Please, advise...
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Chord are a good brand, if you must have one of those listed, Id go with the cheapest. I wouldnt go too mad on cabling tbh

I have Rumour 4 bi-wire converted to single run use and am happy with it, but I also tried some Carnival cable and didnt hear any difference tbh

A

Anonymous

I don't have to choose one of those listed. Do you have any better suggestion?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

sgrubnic:

One more question. What about Chord cables?

Chameleon Silver Plus as an interconnect and Chord Rumour as a speaker cable.

Save your money and go with Chord Crimson interconnects & Chord Carnival speaker wire <--- A decent combo.

A

Anonymous

With the Chord Chameleon Silver Plus interconnect, the recommended speaker cables (by Chord, not me!) would be Chord Rumour. I use these in my system and am very pleased with them. I'm sure you will be too.

T

the record spot

Van den Hul - The Name (approx £50-60 depending on .8m or 1m length). Good cable, good body to it and the QED Qunex 3 (£35) isn't bad either. Use them both on the stereo at home and the results were good. Not too big a difference between the two (another argument altogether!) and worth the outlay IMO. Like the sound of Gotham and NVA for the sound-per-pound according to others. Might try these one day.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for help. I have bought Chord Chameleon Silver Plus, Chord Cobra 3 and Rumour 2
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I connected NAD C355BEE and Marantz DV7001 with Chord Chameleon Silver Plus and Rumour 2 is used between B&W 685 and NAD. The very first impression was excellent. Really...
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts